Rotary Hop Up GBBR HELP.

FAAFO

Has anyone any experience with this type of hop up? It’s a golden eagle m4, I have installed a new hop rubber and bucking, but the bb’s still curve upwards. (It was doing it before installing new rubber) pew was a pre owned purchase. Apart from that it’s great fun and reliable. I have attached a pic of the hop assembly. I’m fairly sure I’ve installed the new hop and bucking correctly. Is there anything else I need to look out for? I’m using .20 bb’s do I need heavier weight? Thanks 

IMG_4982.jpeg

Yeah, gbbr’s prefer heavier weights

Id be asking pals for a hundred or so of -.28’s and upwards to see what it likes 

I changed the hop on my ghk and it likes .36’s 🤦🏻‍♂️

Heavier = more spendy 

But watch out for joule creep

13 hours ago, FAAFO said:

I’m using .20 bb’s

As it was happening before the parts were changed it could be that you just need to dial the hop down a bit. Most GBBRs perform best with heavier ammo so if the previous owner left the hop up set for their preferred weight .2s will go skyward.

Unless you play at a site with restrictions on bb weight then for best performance I recommend trying heavier bbs as GBBRs tend to give better performance but, as already posted, watch out for joule creep 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2024 at 09:09, Cannonfodder said:

As it was happening before the parts were changed it could be that you just need to dial the hop down a bit. Most GBBRs perform best with heavier ammo so if the previous owner left the hop up set for their preferred weight .2s will go skyward.

Unless you play at a site with restrictions on bb weight then for best performance I recommend trying heavier bbs as GBBRs tend to give better performance but, as already posted, watch out for joule creep 

I’ve took the hop as low as it will go, it goes maybe 30ft before it creeps up. Haven’t tried again on a heavier weight though tbf so will try that. Thanks 

Unless you're playing at a cqb site with ammo weight limits then you want to be using heavier bbs anyway as you'll get better performance. Just be careful joule creep doesn't put you over site limits