HPA MCX OVERHOPPING

OllieAirsoft

hi all, got an mcx with a fusion engine inside. maxx m4p pro hop, max trigger, small Prometheus inner barrel, maple leaf super macron 70 degree bucking. and i cannot seem to hop flat any weights. 0.32g get sent straight to the moon, running at about 100 psi at 1.1 joules. any ideas what can be done to change the overhopping, i dont really want to get rid of the maxx hop up but if that needs to be replaced for one not as good i get it. could a longer inner barrel and less psi sort this issue? could it be to do with my fcu settings? is it just a simple nub swap, and can any nubs be used in a maxx hop up? 

1 hour ago, OllieAirsoft said:

hi all, got an mcx with a fusion engine inside. maxx m4p pro hop, max trigger, small Prometheus inner barrel, maple leaf super macron 70 degree bucking. and i cannot seem to hop flat any weights. 0.32g get sent straight to the moon, running at about 100 psi at 1.1 joules. any ideas what can be done to change the overhopping, i dont really want to get rid of the maxx hop up but if that needs to be replaced for one not as good i get it. could a longer inner barrel and less psi sort this issue? could it be to do with my fcu settings? is it just a simple nub swap, and can any nubs be used in a maxx hop up? 

Why are you using a 70 degree bucking at 1.1J? You don't need more than 60, which would make the bucking more flexible and giving you more range of motion, which might alleviate the overhop.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Are you using a regular nub, or the included r-block that the maxx has?

Not 100% the same, as it's an AEG, but I use a Maxx Model M4A-PRO + the solid concave nub + Maple Leaf MR 60 degree bucking + 0.32g BB's and it shoots perfectly with a huge amount of range (and power wise it's almost dead on the 1.14J limit). I've three RIF's with the M4A-PRO in, they all shoot incredibly well, however this hop unit is like an F1 car in that you need to have it setup perfectly to get the best from it (nozzle etc. need to be perfectly matched).

I agree as another has said that 70 degree is too hard for the UK.

A question for the OP, do your BB's still "shoot straight to the moon" even with zero hop applied?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

Not 100% the same, as it's an AEG

I'm assuming given the fusion engine we're dealing with a traditional aeg hop.

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

Maxx Model M4A-PRO + the solid concave nub + Maple Leaf MR 60 degree bucking + 0.32g BB's and it shoots perfectly

Indeed, hence querying because if there's an odd nub being used in the op's gun then the r block might be the solution.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Indeed, hence querying because if there's an odd nub being used in the op's gun then the r block might be the solution.

Looking at the M4P-PRO it uses the exact same nubs as the M4A-PRO...

https://www.maxxmodel.com/image/cache/catalog/MX-HOP010MP_01-1000x1000.jpg

... the rubber cylinder, soft foam square or the solid concave, so if the OP is still getting too much hop with it set to zero / 0 then there's something very amiss 🤔 

On 12/08/2024 at 14:22, GiantKiwi said:

Why are you using a 70 degree bucking at 1.1J? You don't need more than 60, which would make the bucking more flexible and giving you more range of motion, which might alleviate the overhop.

I was running a 50 degrees, that also had the exact same over hopping issue, so nothing to do with the bucking 

On 12/08/2024 at 14:17, Adolf Hamster said:

Are you using a regular nub, or the included r-block that the maxx has?

It would be the nub that comes with the maxx

16 minutes ago, OllieAirsoft said:

It would be the nub that comes with the maxx

Maxx Model M4 hop units come with three unique ones, use the link to a photo I added above, and let us know which one you're using (and you did not get the full three then that's immediately suspect).

And this substantial over hopping was with it set to zero / 0 on the dial?

On 13/08/2024 at 20:40, Fatboy40 said:

Maxx Model M4 hop units come with three unique ones, use the link to a photo I added above, and let us know which one you're using (and you did not get the full three then that's immediately suspect).

And this substantial over hopping was with it set to zero / 0 on the dial?

It has the circular one installed, and correct yes I only got the one installed with the bundle (nub).

and yes hop set to zero and still so much hop is being applied 

I presume from reading about your set up, I need to look at getting hold of a concave nub. Do you know of anywhere within the uk that sells one ?