VFC Avalon Rapier ( 2 beeps from gearbox )

Posted (edited)

hello, 

im relatively new to airsoft so please forgive my terminology.

i recently purchased my first RIF, the VFC Avalon Rapier. 
i decided the upgrade the spring to a m120 as the stock FPS was bad, after that i have ran into an issue, after maybe an hour max of use, on a trigger pull i will get two beeps from the gear box and then the RIF will not shoot. ( sometimes it will do it on a fully charged battery also )

i haven't been able to find anything to help me with diagnosis of what the beep codes mean for this gearbox, 

i am only running it on a 7.4v so my suspicions are maybe i need to be using a 11.1 because of the spring change?. 

i am hoping someone may know what the two beeps mean exactly before i start purchasing more batteries etc. 

Thanks 

Edited by Sjkendall

about 3mins in you might get the info you need...

do you have a bigger battery to check?

the only time an aeg of mine has sounded like that was because it was locking up due to the motor being to far in, my understanding is that there simply might not be enough power going to the motor & the mosfet is kicking in and shutting it off/down.

has the battery been fully charged?

i currently dont, 

thanks for your input, that is my suspicion that due to the spring upgrade my motor requires a tad more juice then the 7.4s provide after a bit of use.  fully charged i got maybe 5 mid caps out of it before this happens. 

Posted (edited)

As a side comment, if you are having to use an M120 spring to get a decent power output, there is a serious compression/air seal issue.

2 minutes ago, Sjkendall said:

i currently dont, 

thanks for your input, that is my suspicion that due to the spring upgrade my motor requires a tad more juice then the 7.4s provide after a bit of use.  fully charged i got maybe 5 mid caps out of it before this happens. 

What capacity is the 7.4 (mAh)?

Edited by Colin Allen

1 minute ago, Colin Allen said:

As a side comment, if you are having to use an M120 spring to get a decent power output, there is a serious compression/air seal issue.

What capacity is the 7.4 (mah)?

yeah i think i have an issue. getting 310 fps with .25's

they are 1200 mah

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Sjkendall said:

yeah i think i have an issue. getting 310 fps with .25's

On the original spring, or with the M120 monster? If the former, that FPS at 1.1J is about spot on. If you are achieving that with the M120, whilst the FPS is good for UK limits, you are losing a lot of air somehow and operating grossly inefficiently.

I would also observe that 5 midcaps worth of shooting with a 1200mah battery is also not overly good, and inferring that this was what you achieved on the original spring, leads me to think that your battery might be somewhat tired and not giving you the advertised capacity. For reference, at circa 1.1J, I can usually happily get through about 8-10 midcaps on a 1.2 battery.

Edited by The_Lord_Poncho

19 minutes ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

On the original spring, or with the M120 monster? If the former, that FPS at 1.1J is about spot on. If you are achieving that with the M120, whilst the FPS is good for UK limits, you are losing a lot of air somehow and operating grossly inefficiently.

I would also observe that 5 midcaps worth of shooting with a 1200mah battery is also not overly good, and inferring that this was what you achieved on the original spring, leads me to think that your battery might be somewhat tired and not giving you the advertised capacity. For reference, at circa 1.1J, I can usually happily get through about 8-10 midcaps on a 1.2 battery.

Achieving that with the m120 spring. Losing a lot of power somewhere. 

yeah the 5 mid caps issue is with the new m120 spring and brand new batteries. The gun was fine( battery wise) prior to changing the spring, reckon it’s due to the voltage being a tad low ? 

7 hours ago, Sjkendall said:

Achieving that with the m120 spring. Losing a lot of power somewhere. 

yeah the 5 mid caps issue is with the new m120 spring and brand new batteries. The gun was fine( battery wise) prior to changing the spring, reckon it’s due to the voltage being a tad low ? 

Not necessarily the voltage; maybe a higher capacity battery with a higher discharge rating.