Super noob SHS gear question

Hi all,

Recently been taking on this M733 CYMA as my first real forray into 'fixing something' that was previously fucked - it was working great until on a game day it decided to get locked into safe on every position (safety catch, new one is going in as we speak to hopefully fix it) but with me being me I also decided to order a set of SHS 13:1s from ak2m4 while I was there - only to notice that the stock CYMA gears have what I'm guessing is a magnet in one of the holes that the SHS lacks - where do I source these for the SHS gears? I'm assuming it's how the CYMA mosfet reads gear cycling and I fear that just slapping the SHS ones in without replacing it will cause it to burst on semi or do other fucky shit.

IMG_5566.jpg?ex=668198ef&is=6680476f&hm=daa8627254914602de134ea2f5a51bc5d1de763db7819f1f937758b1f02a5668&

IMG_5565.jpg?ex=668198ef&is=6680476f&hm=791a5941affe1406cd9c0b5b7d3aa7c09b0a179ec7ff9b51aaa6e36e79f501e7&

Am I just being paranoid, or does that magnet need to be replaced to have the mosfet not freak out? If so - where would I source one for the SHS gear? Cheers

Edited by pyromancer6

• pyromancer6 changed the title to Super noob SHS gear question

Cut off lever is installed, so it can't be a magnet, or at least said "magnet" isn't used to detect the sector gear's position, there would be two redundant systems that at one point would conflict resulting in silly things happening.

That, my friend, is just the tappet plate cam, you can see it on the shs sector as well, although much smaller.

Afaik there is only one system that uses magnets to track the sector gear and it's the Ares EFCS (electronic fucky cunty shit) and that would be a whole new can of worms, so yeah you're good to go, swap them gears and have fun :D

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Cut off lever is installed, so it can't be a magnet, or at least said "magnet" isn't used to detect the sector gear's position, there would be two redundant systems that at one point would conflict resulting in silly things happening.

That, my friend, is just the tappet plate cam, you can see it on the shs sector as well, although much smaller.

Afaik there is only one system that uses magnets to track the sector gear and it's the Ares EFCS (electronic fucky cunty shit) and that would be a whole new can of worms, so yeah you're good to go, swap them gears and have fun :D

Correct; the terrible CYMA mosfet does not use cycle detection.

8 hours ago, Skara said:

6 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Correct; the terrible CYMA mosfet does not use cycle detection.

Appreciate the info lads. Now that I'm looking at it properly instead of just seeing the silver metal and assuming 'magnet' it's very obvious what it actually does 😅

Me thinking it was a magnet led me to a reddit thread talking about needing to replace the magnet in a new set of gears and lo and behold - it was for an amoeba with the EFCS 🤦‍♂️

Now just need to order some bearings as the CYMA bushings that are in there are a bit too shonky to fit any shims with the SHS gears.. [pretty sure they're taller than the stock ones]