ICS M4 help after a long time

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I used to play airsoft about 16 years ago and bought an ICS M4 back then.

I would like to get playing again however my gun has not been fired for a VERY long time. I tried it out and it still seems to shoot ok but is it a good idea to get it checked over first? If so does anyone know if SOCOM in Fleet would do this?

Also I dont have a UKARA membership, would I still be ok to play at a site with my RIF or does it need to be painted Two Tone?

Thanks in advance

13 minutes ago, Daz85UK said:

Hi all,

I used to play airsoft about 16 years ago and bought an ICS M4 back then.

I would like to get playing again however my gun has not been fired for a VERY long time. I tried it out and it still seems to shoot ok but is it a good idea to get it checked over first? If so does anyone know if SOCOM in Fleet would do this?

Also I dont have a UKARA membership, would I still be ok to play at a site with my RIF or does it need to be painted Two Tone?

Thanks in advance

You do not need UKARA membership to own or use a RIF; take it along and play with it.

If the ICS M4 hasn't been used for 16 years, it is probably worth getting it checked over, as it is likely that the sealing parts will have given up and you may have very low power.  It would probably be worth having it overhauled and regreased.

• Supporters
On 08/06/2024 at 17:30, Daz85UK said:

Thanks for the quick reply..SOCOM is my closest airsoft retailer so I’ll give them a call to see if they can check it over for me

Having had a couple of guns to fix from friends that have been "serviced" by Socom, I'd recommend getting in touch with these guys instead https://beakersairsoftbits.wordpress.com/services/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.