TM Glock 17 Gen 3 factory hop capability

hitmanNo2

I have a couple of Gen 3 TM G17s and I find the hop up performance somewhat meh.  I'm not trying to lift anything crazy, just 0.3s and it's just not doing it.  I appreciate these are a little old now so I'm wondering if these are from a time prior to TM GBBs being able to lift 0.4s+ easily OOTB?

Do I need to get a Mapleleaf chamber, barrel and hop set to get the most out of them?

Posted (edited)

You could try a maple leaf chamber and bucking. I don't know if that crazy jet inner barrel any different from the cheaper ones I usually buy or just marketing bullshit to spend more money on it.

Edited by Krisz

Posted (edited)

Personally I don’t see the point in using anything heavier than .28s in a pistol.

But yes, a Maple leaf hop and rubber with an I-key will boost hop performance greatly.

Edited by theSwede

TM pistols are designed to hop 0.20's, I've always found simply replacing the hop rubber for a 50 degree Flamingo enables me to hop 0.28's at about 2/3 setting.

If that doesn't work, look at sourcing a stronger hop arm/creating more pressure on top as that will be the main factor. You shouldn't need to replace the entire unit.

• 3 weeks later...

There’s nothing wrong with the TM hop chassis. You could go steel if you were running co2 or HPA. But they’re fine stock.

I’ve got 11 gen 3 glocks now and all have the same set up:

- Nineball purple air seal hop rubber

- maple leaf I-Bar 

- airsoft masterpiece stainless steel hop arm

- maple leaf CNC hop wheel.

The game changer is actually the AM hop arm. It’s about 2mm shorter than the OEM hop arm, it allows you to apply more pressure on the bucking than the standard hop arm. Being stainless steel, it also flexes less than the stock arm.

You could also go for a better hop bucking, such as the pink flamingos. I rate them more than the nineball purple air seals… however, I bought all these hop rubbers before I realised there was something better.

I run .25s and 0.28s, but on full hop, my Glocks over hop 0.28s straight up.

if you’ve got the money, a good combination is also the guns modify steel hop, with their steel front frame and a barrel stabiliser clip. The 3 bits combined remove all inner barrel wobble and create a very consistent shot. That being said, some U.K. retailers would sell you those 3 parts for £220 🤯

IMG_7890.jpeg

Interesting.  Thanks everyone.

I asked Rainbow 8 if I could could get this https://www.rainbow8.com/products/maple-leaf-crazy-jet-aerodynamic-6-04mm-inner-barrel-w-hop-up-chamber-complete-set-for-marui-g17-97mm?_pos=19&_sid=1f5578248&_ss=r

but put this hop rubber in it https://www.rainbow8.com/products/maple-leaf-2023-transformers-autobot-hop-up-rubber-for-vsr-gbb-60-70-75?variant=44559268413610

So I could get a 50 degree as 60 degree seems excessive.  They replied saying it wouldn't work as the hop rubbers are different. So I thought I'd just get it and use the 60 degree that comes with it.  I asked what is the compatible hop rubber to use when that hop rubber needs replacing and they said to use this one https://www.rainbow8.com/products/maple-leaf-2023-ver-mr-hop-rubber-bucking-for-marui-we-vsr-10-50-60-70-75?variant=45169997840554

A Mr Hop.  Not an Autobot.  Have I missed something or are they misunderstanding?

Sounds strange. I run autobot 50s with I keys and crazy jets in several of my glock builds and they work great. Granted I usually go with the stock TM chamber. But I have at least one glock with the ML chamber and an autobot with no issues.

edit: The MR rubber is also good imho 

Edited by theSwede