Black Vintage Infinity hi capa slide

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I I have been looking for one of these for a long time, and Airsoft Masterpiece may or may not do another run of them - one day.

In the meantime Guarder appears to be the only alternative. Not only is one advised to steer clear of them, but they are overpriced in the UK - almost as much as CNC offerings from other manufacturers.  And the Guarder outer barrels are made of steel which I regard as neither necessary or advisable for use with an aluminium slide.

Maybe a non tilting aluminium outer barrel from AM or Gunsmith Bros would work with a Guarder slide, but I don't know.

In any case getting a Guarder slide that will fit a Marui frame with minimum work or take a TM bbu seems to be entirely a matter of luck. 

Should I take the risk or just  live with my disappointment?

I really don’t know why nearly every single thread you insist on saying Guarder are difficult to fit or have major QC issues , they simply don’t . 15yrs ago they did ,but then nearly everything did , even your premium brands like Prime but even then it was very minor fettling if you knew what to look for . 

if you are struggling with these basic parts to fit and function properly I suggest hanging up the tools and sticking with stock guns to avoid further worry  or simply pay someone capable of doing the work for you .

just my 2p 👍🏼

Thanks for the reply.

Fair enough. However when I browse the web, which is all I have to go on, many do not seem to be aware of the improvement in Guarder slides - except for the CNC offerings and the steel slides which are a lot more expensive.

I am no expert but I have been able to fit Gunsmith Bros and Prohandgun slides to hicapas in the past, and I know how to use wet and dry and a file. So maybe I should give it a go. Some of these Guarder slides go for not much more than fifty quid in Hong Kong.

I would appreciate your comments on whether other brand outer barrels would fit a Guarder slide. 

I use a lot of guarder stuff when building pistols and don’t have any major problems. 
I have no experience on the particular slide you mentioned but don’t see why there would be problems based on it being a guarder one.

Don’t think there’s any need for you to worry. I say go..

Also never had any problems using steel outer barrels with alu slides. If anything I like the extra weight added towards the front of the pistol since gbbs mostly are unbalanced with all the weight towards the back in the mag.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.