Looking for V2 gearbox suggestions

grumio

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking at getting an E&C M4A1 receiver set as it's the only thing I can find with full Colt trades. I want to get a new gearbox shell for this but not sure what to look for in terms of something that would work well and make tech work easier over a non QD shell. I've seen the retro arms split gearbox but I'm not sure if this is worth upgrading to over a standard QD. Would be great to know what makes to look out for/avoid as well. Cheers.

I would get an E&C shell. It's QD and from the same manufacturer, so should be a drop-in fit for the receiver.

As an owner of many ICS M4s with split gearboxes - it's a nice feature to have - IF the gun was designed from the outset for it. However, it's certainly not a strong enough feature to justify spending a big chunk of cash on a mere gearbox casing.

• Supporters

Second the E&C gearbox. It's what the original Specnas came with and it's been the basis of at least three builds for me so far.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.