Cybergun Scar L gearbox replacement

Morning all

Got a question in respects the Cybergun SCAR L. 

It's come to me for repair (I'm the designated tech monkey xD) as the screw holes have been stripped out so the pistol grip doesn't now fix to the rifle. 

Question is this - is there another gearbox shell that is compatible with this chassis? I'm looking at a G&G box I have in my toolbox but was wondering on compatibility 

Anything would be helpful 

Thank you

It's V2 based - but with extra hardware for the ambi controls and a proprietary selector plate. Nozzle length might be specific to the SCAR, don't know for sure, you would need to measure the existing one.

IIRC it is OEM'd by CYMA - the shell looks like one in this video. Given airsoft 'standards' (or the lack hereof) who knows if a G&G shell fits/functions in the gun. You'll have to try it to find out.

Could the existing holes not be re-tapped for a larger thread?

Unfortunately the holes are that buggered, that it will not work. I have considered that option but the threads are stripped out and someone else has decided to try what you suggested. It's resulted in large holes that are now so stripped out, I can't get anything to thread onto it. It's a mess! 

I will have a further look at that video and see if I can make something work. Selector plate and nozzle and easy swap over - tho have to see about the ambi controls. 

Thank you for that tho 😊 

Not sure I'm in the right area for your problem but could you super glue some low profile nuts over the holes?