TM SGR12 Owners - Chrono

dom_852

Question-how are sites chronographing these triple barrel guns? I'm yet to skirmish mine and want to know how sites are actually chronoing?

I've only read theories of block two barrels or only load one BB. 

What is the truth from actual SGR owners?

I have the cyma SGR12 and just chrono it like a normal aeg. although some chronos have trouble and can sometimes read about 700 fps. at my local if that happens I just fire a few more times to get a better reading

it usually reads around 340fps

My shotgun isn't a SGR12 but is a gas tri shot and most places ask me to load 1 bb into a shell and chrono it like that

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

My shotgun isn't a SGR12 but is a gas tri shot and most places ask me to load 1 bb into a shell and chrono it like that

This produces bogus readings as you're leaking two whole barrels worth of gas which leads to a worse seal and lower reading of the one shot that does happen, but if the site's happy with the results then it's good lmao

TM/GE 870s + the KSG have restricted output built into them anyway, the barrels don't run the entire length of the barrel + there's some sort of thing with the valve inside that prevents the power going above 280 or so FPS on standard gas so I wouldn't even worry about the reading being lower than stated anyway as it's way below limits

3 hours ago, pyromancer6 said:

This produces bogus readings as you're leaking two whole barrels worth of gas which leads to a worse seal and lower reading of the one shot that does happen, but if the site's happy with the results then it's good lmao

TM/GE 870s + the KSG have restricted output built into them anyway, the barrels don't run the entire length of the barrel + there's some sort of thing with the valve inside that prevents the power going above 280 or so FPS on standard gas so I wouldn't even worry about the reading being lower than stated anyway as it's way below limits

Fair enough, but as you say if the sites are happy with it then so am I. 

In that case mine must be faulty or missing as I've regularly had it give readings of over 300 fps with .2g bbs

18 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Fair enough, but as you say if the sites are happy with it then so am I. 

In that case mine must be faulty or missing as I've regularly had it give readings of over 300 fps with .2g bbs

Wouldn't call it faulty tbh, gas shotguns are very fickle by nature and will just do random shit so you're probably fine lmao