Motor conversion - Long to short possible?

JinxDuh

I’m not sure how dumb of a question this is, but bear with me 😂

Is it possible to “convert” a V2 (Long shaft) motor to a V3 (Short shaft)?

I bought an SHS HT Long ages ago for a project, but didn’t use it and I don’t want to give DCA £55 for a £35 motor

Edited by JinxDuh
Better title

• JinxDuh changed the title to Motor conversion - Long to short possible?
45 minutes ago, Chev Chelios said:

Seems complicated 😂 

pretty easy, you just need a few basic tools.  Ideally something like a dremel / rotary tool, a pinion puller and vice.  But you can get away with a hacksaw and a file.  Whether you need a pinion puller depends on how tough the pinion is already on.  Bit of threadlock for the grub screw.

27 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

pretty easy, you just need a few basic tools.  Ideally something like a dremel / rotary tool, a pinion puller and vice.  But you can get away with a hacksaw and a file.  Whether you need a pinion puller depends on how tough the pinion is already on.  Bit of threadlock for the grub screw.

I have a few parts to order from yourself soon, do you know if you'll be getting any SHS high torque short motors any time soon?

On 15/03/2024 at 16:07, JinxDuh said:

I have a few parts to order from yourself soon, do you know if you'll be getting any SHS high torque short motors any time soon?

Yes I've got some arriving hopefully in a couple of weeks.  I did have some 22tpa on a boat coming from China but the ship go round the long way 😞

3 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Yes I've got some arriving hopefully in a couple of weeks.  I did have some 22tpa on a boat coming from China but the ship go round the long way 😞

Sweet, I'll wait until you've got some then! 🤙