G36 hop unit

Having recently acquired a CYMA G36, I am intrigued as to the function of the little latch on top of the hop unit, that is pushed up by the ramp on the stock nozzle.  I cannot see what purpose it serves.

I am planning to change the stock nozzle for one that actually has an airseal.

In my experience, just another part to break and fall out 😂

My guess was that I think it's a bb guider, helps push it forwards and stop double feeding?

4 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

In my experience, just another part to break and fall out 😂

My guess was that I think it's a bb guider, helps push it forwards and stop double feeding?

Both of those make sense; it seems strange as, as far as I know, no other rifles have them.

24 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Both of those make sense; it seems strange as, as far as I know, no other rifles have them.

To my knowledge, you’re correct. Hell, even some G36’s don’t have it either lol

It looks like it's a guide for the nozzle to centre it as it gets close to the hop rubber. The nozzle in these goes quite deep into the hop and may be pushed up by the bbs on the underside and the plastic bit at the top pushes it down towards the centre of the opening which is quite snug. Maybe the BB too.

There may be some consistency advantage having the bbs pushed in by the nozzle in this manner. 

9 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

It looks like it's a guide for the nozzle to centre it as it gets close to the hop rubber. The nozzle in these goes quite deep into the hop and may be pushed up by the bbs on the underside and the plastic bit at the top pushes it down towards the centre of the opening which is quite snug. Maybe the BB too.

There may be some consistency advantage having the bbs pushed in by the nozzle in this manner. 

That does seem to be the most likely explanation; however, it does not seem to provide enough force to make a difference.

35 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

That does seem to be the most likely explanation; however, it does not seem to provide enough force to make a difference.

When mine broke (Which is why I had to replace the hop unit), after I left it out because I thought it was useless I was getting 2 bb's roll out the barrel at a time almost consistently. That's why I believe it's some kind of stopper for the bb

7 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

When mine broke (Which is why I had to replace the hop unit), after I left it out because I thought it was useless I was getting 2 bb's roll out the barrel at a time almost consistently. That's why I believe it's some kind of stopper for the bb

I will experiment when I reassemble the gun.