Recommendation for low profile M4 magazine

Hi,

When I go prone with my Krytac the magazines are a bit too high and the gun basically rests on the mags.

Do you have any recommendations for low profile M4 mags? I’ve seen the EPM-1 S but Negative Airsoft doesn’t rate them because of their strong spring (he recommends the EPM but there is no low profile version of it).

Try these...

http://www.scopeandlaser.com/?p=6&s=59bd7d4338f5aa2737c9702d5405c6ec&lang=en&id=26125

I got some from the classifieds on here.

Ares Amoeba do a nice low profile but personally, I have a set of EPM1S's and they've been fine, when I got them I quarter loaded and left them for 24 hours, then half loaded for another 24 hours, 3/4 loaded and finally fully loaded for 24 hours. Have been absolutely golden every time I've used them.

On 17/02/2024 at 19:22, ParHunter said:

Hi,

When I go prone with my Krytac the magazines are a bit too high and the gun basically rests on the mags.

Do you have any recommendations for low profile M4 mags? I’ve seen the EPM-1 S but Negative Airsoft doesn’t rate them because of their strong spring (he recommends the EPM but there is no low profile version of it).

I keep seeing negative airsoft referenced, but his reviews seem to be spouting a colossal amount of shit at the best of times. Get one, try it to see if it works for your use case - don't take a person spouting crap on the internet at face value.

I’ve found these ARES ones https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ares-honey-badger-120-round-magazine-tan and they were actually in stock (only 1 left now). Advantage is that they are half price compared to the EPM-1 S.

Regarding Negative Airsoft, he explained it to me why the mag can cause problems and I have heard from others as well that the high spring preassure can cause feeding issues. 
But apparently this is only true for the full size EMP-1 with 240 BBs. The S version only has 120 and a spring that is not as strong.

But given what Negative Airsoft has done with my Krytac I tend to give him the benefit of doubt. 

4 hours ago, GAq said:

Just ordered Ares, it will make prone at 250 yards sooo much easier.

Where did you get your’s from? I might order a couple more if I like them during play. 

I did some feed testing today by doing full auto into a Gusto box (filled with Hello Fresh insulation material) and they worked flawless.