V1 gearboxes and nozzles

Egon_247

"do you know what nemesis means?"

Yup. 

So I bought an old TM famas off a chap on here as I love the famas and it's Lego esque looks. 

I've worked on all my pews, v2, v3, v6 & v7 gearboxes and now I'm onto a v1.

Now the guy I bought it from didn't touch it from the day he bought it 2nd hand, but someone has been in there as there was a few things different from the Oem TM spec.

Got it all swinging pistons but the balls just fall about 8 feet away.

New maple leaf+nub in the hop, barrel spotless but the nozzle is perplexing me. 

The v1 TM box is an oddball with not many parts out there in internetland. 

The nozzle is a 20.7 BUT has a 9mm base onto the tappet plate (which is huge! I'm going to measure it and see if I can 3d print a spare as this could be a show stopper if it breaks!😱).

Now I'm sure there's some guys on here that have played with them before but am I screaming into a bucket here with this one?

(No, I'm not going to hpa it 🤣🤣)

Taaa.

Pic, cos you know, lego. 😁

IMG-20240130-WA0001.jpeg

Or you can just stop your worrying and buy a Prometheus for Fa-mas nozzle at Fire Support. Mine has one and works like a... nozzle! 

Prometheus Air Jet Nozzle for FA-MAS Series - Airsoft Shop, Airsoft Guns, Sniper rifles, Airsoft pistols, parts and bbs by FireSupport (fire-support.co.uk)

2 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

"do you know what nemesis means?"

Yup. 

So I bought an old TM famas off a chap on here as I love the famas and it's Lego esque looks. 

I've worked on all my pews, v2, v3, v6 & v7 gearboxes and now I'm onto a v1.

Now the guy I bought it from didn't touch it from the day he bought it 2nd hand, but someone has been in there as there was a few things different from the Oem TM spec.

Got it all swinging pistons but the balls just fall about 8 feet away.

New maple leaf+nub in the hop, barrel spotless but the nozzle is perplexing me. 

The v1 TM box is an oddball with not many parts out there in internetland. 

The nozzle is a 20.7 BUT has a 9mm base onto the tappet plate (which is huge! I'm going to measure it and see if I can 3d print a spare as this could be a show stopper if it breaks!😱).

Now I'm sure there's some guys on here that have played with them before but am I screaming into a bucket here with this one?

(No, I'm not going to hpa it 🤣🤣)

Taaa.

Pic, cos you know, lego. 😁

IMG-20240130-WA0001.jpeg

Edited by Asomodai

I know they probably used stock photos but that's a v2 box. 🤣🤔.  

Is yours a TM or cybergnu?

Edited by Egon_247

6 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

I know they probably used stock photos but that's a v2 box. 🤣🤔.  

Is yours a TM or cybergnu?

Mines a TM. 

Also there is a design flaw with the AEG Famas with the hop unit. It has a characteristic with bb's heavier then .25/.28 (Dependent on individual example) Where the BB will not travel in a straight line, but rather has a "Lobbing" characteristic. There is no known fix for this. The hop design was literally the first mass produced popular hop unit equipped Airsoft Rifle, so it does have intricacies! 

Mag had the last of my 0.25's in. Wasn't lobbing, more suggesting that the bb's leaves the barrel..🤣

Ordered one. Cheers for that. I'd tried searching for all sorts and still couldn't find that! Weird.

Maybe an excuse to put 0.2's in it 🤣🤣🤣

@Asomodai

Have you had the gearbox apart on yours? How is the cylinder head held in place? 

@Asomodai

Have you had the gearbox apart on yours? How is the cylinder head held in place? 

Might have discovered part of my issue. My cylinder head doesn't have this step so I think it's sucking/blowing (🤣) the cylinder head....

Screenshot_20240208-164435.png

Just been to sixmm and bought a one piece cylinder and head. Time for some mcguiver stuff.....(ask your dad). 

😁

Temporary fix...drill, tap, thread lock and grubscrews...

The TM v1 doesn't have lugs to hold the cylinder head, it needs a specific head with a step on it. 

PXL_20240209_130812550.jpg