New CYMA Platinum SLR AKs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been recently having a play around and checking out the internals of the new Cyma platinum SLR AKs. A couple of things stand out to me.

The new hop unit (Yes the one with inbuilt tracer...) has had a lot of thought put into it. Tracers are not my thing however you can easily turn it off with a flick of a switch. The one thing however that I really like about it is that they have fixed the issue where the hop setting self adjusts. Usually this is done by an O-ring however as some as you know it is not always the most reliable. What CYMA have done with this unit is under the adjustment slider they have added a little hole where a spring sits with a plastic tip (Like the ones you get under M4 selectors to give the *click*). They have then serrated the the underneath of the adjustment slider. This means you can do tiny clicks of movement easily and it also sits nice and rigid.

The gearbox is a DYTAC gearbox which I believe CYMA are the OEM of so it should be nice and strong. It has the typical platinum internals with it being 13:1, mosfet and the cyma blue compression parts. One thing I have noticed is that I believe the shop where it is purchased it from has put in a different motor from stock. Usually CYMA platinum motors have a cyma logo on the side where as this one has a white stick label on on it that says 'To go into CYMA blue' or something alone the lines.  It seems like putting in a m120 with the 13:1 it doesn't like it 100% so will be putting in a ZCI 22 in.

Overall quite impressed with it all. There needs to be a slight modification to the piston which I might update this post with once done. Also might put in a different mosfet if this one fails (Ideally a perun hybrid v3 but I'm not great at soldering).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.