G&G G2 gearbox + Perun G&G ETU + Warhead motor

JimFromHorsham

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

G&G G2 gearbox + Perun G&G ETU + Warhead motor 

looking to fit a warhead motor into a G&G G2 version gearbox , my understanding is that the active braking on the G&G ETU cannot be switched off , so fitting the warhead would not work ? Is that correct ?

so , would fitting a Perun G&G ETU upgrade mosfet ( which I believe the AB can be toggled on & off ) work ok ? 

Originally was looking at an Aster but I’d lose the mag stop feature ( I think) which I’d like to retain .

so … help please 😛 

• Supporters

Yep, you can indeed turn it off with the ETU+

G&G ETU has an active brake, which is retained in our upgrade kit. Active brake allows to stop the motor after each shot. In case of double shot problem in replicas with high rate of fire, active brake will be an effective solution. It can also prevent compression of the main spring for a longer time, if you will fire a shot with AB on before a storing your replica for a longer time. Active brake is can be switched on or off at any time in few seconds.

I've fitted one to my G&G SR25 so I can have precocking but I don't have a Warhead (yet).

I have hacked up an ETU++ in the past to work in a P90 with a warhead brushless and it works fine (this was before they released the P90 optical mosfet) The only thing I am not sure about is if the Perun ETU still allows you to use the mag cut-off feature?  I haven't installed one in a replica that has a mag stop so have no idea how the mag stop functions and whether it is a mechanism linked to the trigger contacts or a separate switch via the control board, but probably worth checking that it is still supported beforehand if that feature is important to you.

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Terry_Rist said:

I have hacked up an ETU++ in the past to work in a P90 with a warhead brushless and it works fine (this was before they released the P90 optical mosfet) The only thing I am not sure about is if the Perun ETU still allows you to use the mag cut-off feature?  I haven't installed one in a replica that has a mag stop so have no idea how the mag stop functions and whether it is a mechanism linked to the trigger contacts or a separate switch via the control board, but probably worth checking that it is still supported beforehand if that feature is important to you.

Magstop is via the trigger board, the ETU just replaces the plug in bit external to the gearbox.

18 hours ago, Lozart said:

Magstop is via the trigger board, the ETU just replaces the plug in bit external to the gearbox.

Thanks for clarifying, I thought that would be the case but didn't want to give false information based on an assumption and no experience. It explains why there is no settings in the perun to disable the feature electronically.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.