West Midlands firing range?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone knows of a range within Warwickshire (south of Coventry/Birmingham) where one could go and tinker with their rif and properly test it at range? Like range-range, my back yard isn't long enough to sort out hop-up, scope, none of it :(

(How awkward would it be to a real steel range for this purpose? I can see a few of those on the map... :D)

2023-10-07_22-45-01.png

Greyhound in north Coventry.

You'll need ID for your first shoot. It's an air rifle range, Targets to 50 yards.

Ask them on arrival about airsoft stuff. I've taken my stuff in a few times and they have had no issue with it. I think it's £7 to shoot all day, and there's a decent pub next door for lunch/toilets.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greyhound Gun Club/223205251025733/

Edited by Iceni

There's a 150KW charger location a couple of miles away at the Esso on Hinkley road. I think it's like 3.6 miles from the range with an Asda, Tesco, McDonalds, And a huge Home Bargains within walking distance (the Home Bargains used to be a toysrus and it's insane). Charger is located at CV2 2QN by the Esso garage.

It's a good location to jump on the A46 to bypass Coventry traffic as well.

There's also a HFT/FT circuit at the Greyhound. With the shots running into the woods and about 80 in woods targets setup. Some of the ones deeper on the course are a good 65+ yards. Just be aware you can not cross the lines and go onto the target side. The owner will talk you through anything you need to know, including the whistles and what they mean. If in doubt just ask, and if you want a target setting up deep then they will probably help... They also have a drawer full of paper targets and some holders.

I will warn you tho, You'll be wanting an air rifle after a couple of visits!

Edited by Iceni

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.