Cyma MP5 charging handle

Johndaniel4863

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi does anyone have any knowledge or first hand experience of what aftermarket charging handles will fit a Cyma MP5. Mine currently has an extended handle and i want to fit an original style charging handle?

Everywhere is out of stock with the Cyma version but does anyone know if a JG charging handle will fit without any modification?

John

I think most of them are the same. Just rebuilt an ics mp5 and that got a jg one fitted to it. It needed a little fettling as it was a touch too big for the hole but the rolled pin holding it in fitted.

You still got the old one? I've drilled and tapped an m6 thread into one before and just used a cut down shank bolt. A lot stronger than the chineseium metal.

I have ordered the old style waffle version from JDairsoft and it should arrive tomorrow I just hate the Cyma MLOK furniture and extended charging handle and wondering have i just thrown money away.

I managed to get a vfc flashlight handguard to go on it that the store test fitted onto a CM041B that fit without any issue or wobble which should arrive shortly to me....why is it so hard to get parts to revert the newer modern MP5s back to how they SHOULD look!??

Edited by Johndaniel4863

• 1 month later...

The boys gone mad for his. He's got a g&g toptek air recoil type thing. He loves it. 

I found a cheapy front grip off an mp5k and modded an led torch into the front of it. Just for a laugh 😁

IMG-20230514-WA0004.jpeg

Edited by Egon_247

• 2 weeks later...

It will be. It was a basket case when i bought it, the youngest had it and its in need of love. So ive bought it off him and will be shortly turning it into a monster. 

Was looking at straight HK mags for it but not sure they suit it. The A3 above it they look good but the SD is all curves (italian car style!) and straight just doesnt seem to work right. 

Although i do have a drum mag for those moments of MP5SD/LMG.... :D

Its a JG but the lower looks like its got all the HK markings , which is whats making me want to revive it. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2023 at 19:37, Sewdhull said:

Do you know if you can get transfers of the bullet markings to denote fire type? 

No, tbh I don't. I was thinking about painting the SD but the lack of markings after has put me off. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.