VFC 417 V2 Gas Block

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there a difference between the VFC 417 V1 and V2 gas blocks? I’ve damaged the original outer barrel on my V2 and so I decided to replace it with a Z-Parts steel outer barrel, but the gas block doesn’t fit. It seems that the gas block narrows towards the front and so it slides on, then jams. Is this the same with the V1 gas block? Am I better off sacking the idea of the steel barrel and get another original barrel? Has anyone any experience with fitting a Z-Parts steel barrel too a V2 417?

That’s what I thought. So it suggest the issue is the Z-Parts barrel is thicker and so I have to decide whether to try to alter the gas block, or buy another original barrel. 

On 20/08/2023 at 20:15, Super64 said:

That’s what I thought. So it suggest the issue is the Z-Parts barrel is thicker and so I have to decide whether to try to alter the gas block, or buy another original barrel. 

steel barrel always wins in my book 

Yeah, same here. I’d rather keep the steel barrel and try to widen the hole in the gas block to make it fit. The problem is I don’t have the tools to do the job properly and so I’ll end up bodging it and possibly irreparably damaging the gas block. I’ll have a look and see what I can do. It’s times like this that I wish I’d stuck with my machining YTS in the 90s instead of joining the army. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.