G&G TR 16 MBR 308... would like to get a second upper set for it. Are other handrails and outer barrels compatible with G&G?

HumbleSmudge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good afternoon,

Taken a G&G TR 16 MBR 308 and put an inferno wolverine into it. Thus far no regrets....

Now I'd like a quick change option to have a stubby 308 version. So I'll get a new upper receiver for this model. Can I then buy components from other brands to build a new top set (outter barrel and hand guard etc) or would it all have to be G&G?

The outer barrel has to be g&g. The reason being that g&g 308s use a deeper outer barrel to make use of standard v2 gearbox and nozzle parts while bridging over the larger magazine well.

Handguards are much more optional as longbas they have their own barrel nut/mounting system included.

Edited by concretesnail

4 hours ago, concretesnail said:

The outer barrel has to be g&g. The reason being that g&g 308s use a deeper outer barrel to make use of standard v2 gearbox and nozzle parts while bridging over the larger magazine well.

Handguards are much more optional as longbas they have their own barrel nut/mounting system included.

Thank you. This is extremely helpful.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.