TM 416 Handguard question

THE FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I have a TM 416 that is stock externally but I'm not keen on the standard handguard.

I was hoping to put on a keymod handguard, ideally something that requires no mods and would "drop in".

My question relates to the gas block at the front of the Rifle. I like the "tacticool" look of integrated suppressors and was wondering if I bought a longer rail (a lot of places do a 13.5 inch rail, angry gun for example) would the gas block fit within the handguard or would it be too wide/tall and need a shorter handguard so that it would sit just outside of the rail. The current handgaurd does conceal some of it but I didn't know if the aftermarket versions would as they tend to be slimmer designs.

Sorry if this is a newb question; I've never modded a ngrs 416 and last thing I want to do is spend over a hundred squid on something that won't fit.

Bonus points for anyone that can offer advice on any particular handguards. Double bonus points if anyone is selling one that would fit!!!

Thanks in advance,

FNG

Edited by THE FNG
Grammar

3 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

Gas block will fit something like the SMR Rail but will need the sling loops removed from the gas block. 

Screenshot_17.jpg

Screenshot_25.jpg

Brill, thanks for the reply.

Is it much of a faff getting the loops out?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.