Would a £120 scope survive a fall?

ParHunter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I’ve had my first game with my new Krytac Trident today. I haven’t decided yet on a LPVO/red dot yet so I was just playing without any.

1 minute into one of the games (in the mad dash to a good position) I tripped over root that was sticking out and fell forward onto my gun (parallel to ground). The gun was fine only my shoulder still hurts as I fell onto the stock.

That made we wonder. If I would have bought one of the options I am eyeing, a Vector Optics LPVO for about £120, would that have survived the fall or would that have been the end of it?

What about a LPVO from Vortex for £200. Would that have survived?

Thanks for your advice.

All Vortex scopes, and some Vector scopes, have a lifetime guarantee.

Vortex particularly are covered for anything that damages the working of the scope as long as it isn’t deliberate.

So falling, dropping, getting shot out by bb’s, all covered

15 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

All Vortex scopes, and some Vector scopes, have a lifetime guarantee.

Vortex particularly are covered for anything that damages the working of the scope as long as it isn’t deliberate.

So falling, dropping, getting shot out by bb’s, all covered

That is a very good warranty! Even being shot out by bbs? Are the lenses supposed to survive that? I can’t find anything where they state that. I was always surprised that they sell scopes but without any protection for the lenses (apart from for storage).

So I guess the £80 could be worth it?

But back to my question, would you expect a scope to break or not?

I’ve looked at the warranty for the Vector Optics one:

This warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse or improper handling

I guess falling on your face with the gun in front of you would be classified as ‘improper handling’ 😉

Two things about Vortex scopes:
1) Increased likelihood of survival, as they are well built

2) Doesn't matter if they survive, as they will replace/repair ANY damage for free, forever.
I was talking to a UK rep for Vortex about the warranty and they have one single instruction from the parent company - they're only happy if the customer is happy.
Now that is a good warranty.

One of my scopes went back to them this year.

They received it at 12:30pm, by 14:30 I had  an email saying they had inspected it (it was an internal fault) and a brand new scope was in the post the next day on 24hr delivery 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.