DDPM Bergan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've turned into a born again collector of military 'stuff' which includes some uniform, webbing & bergans but for the life of me I can't find a British Army issued DDPM bergan, They must exist as I have side pouches for one but can only find DDPM covers.

I can't even find any info on them... am I looking in the wrong places or am I trying to find a left handed unicorn?

Help please????

Edited by gavinkempsell

8 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

I've turned into a born again collector of military 'stuff' which includes some uniform, webbing & bergans but for the life of me I can't find a British Army issued DDPM bergan, They must exist as I have side pouches for one but can only find DDPM covers.

I can't even find any info on them... am I looking in the wrong places or am I trying to find a left handed unicorn?

Help please????

By DDPM I assume you are referring to Desert DPM?

If so, the side pouches are probably for the 45L Day Sack available here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125122762851

As far as I'm aware the main DDPM regular issued packs are the one above, the Karrimor ECM pack and a mortar carrying variant of the one above, I'd assume there'd be a medic clamshell type pack also. Not seen a bergan, probably just cheaper to issue out a DDPM bergan cover like you've seen and put that over a standard DPM bergan. SF may have had DDPM bergans, if they're out there they'd come up on fleaBay I guess with the appropriate "genuine SF issue, rare, I know what I've got" pricing.

Any other kit you're after? 

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

By DDPM I assume you are referring to Desert DPM?

Yes, & thanks for the link & info. Was hoping they issued full sized 90ltr bergans but suspected the covers were they only option

58 minutes ago, OTH21 said:

As far as I'm aware the main DDPM regular issued packs are the one above, the Karrimor ECM pack and a mortar carrying variant of the one above, I'd assume there'd be a medic clamshell type pack also. Not seen a bergan, probably just cheaper to issue out a DDPM bergan cover like you've seen and put that over a standard DPM bergan. SF may have had DDPM bergans, if they're out there they'd come up on fleaBay I guess with the appropriate "genuine SF issue, rare, I know what I've got" pricing.

Any other kit you're after? 

Thanks, I'm always on the lookout for kit that interests me, looking for British issued kit mainly but have a set of alice to widen the gene pool.
Gavin.

As per Jacket above, definitely no DDPM bergen was ever on issue to green army, the only DDPM nylon gear was patrol & ECM/radio packs (and side pouches for same), MOLLE vest/pouches and early iterations of Osprey armour covers/pouches.

As for “them”, who knows…!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.