Looking for advice.

Trashpanda

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own an agm mg42, and after purchasing it knew that at some point I wanted to HPA it. Well now I'm sick to my back teeth of all the teething problems and repairs that come with the aeg as I'm sure some of you are aware of.

So I've decided that I'm just going to do it now, issue I'm having is that I'm completely new to the world of HPA, so if anyone can give me some tips in regards to what I'd need, or if any kits etc exist. And if anyone here has actually done it themselves.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

• Supporters

So i did manage to hpa one of those things.

Engine i used was a polarstar jack, took an sr25 nozzle and machined it down to the right length (sorry cant remember the number)

Wiring wise polarstar does a plug board that lets you solder into existing trigger connections, fortunately you've only got one fire mode to worry about.

Fortunately there's tons of room inside the gearbox casing/rear of the reciever for the controller, battery and associated wiring gubbins and you can just run the wire out the hole for the mainspring.

End result wasnt great accuracy wise although to be fair i have abnormally high standards in that department and for a support gun a little spread isnt the end of the world.

If you care about accuracy there's no reason you couldn't do basically the same treatment but using a polarstar f2, which if you do a good job machining the nozzle to the right length and a good seal should be tunable to get some real good accuracy.

For me i found the 42 whilst quite the head turner in the safe zone was pretty useless on the field, entirely down to how unweildy the platform is whilst offering no more firepower than you could have gotten from an arp9 at a third the length and quarter the weight.

I'd also caution be very very careful not to be too rough with it or drop it, the reciever is not nearly as strong as it needs to be and will bend very easily. You can modify it with steel bars bolted on the inside which helps a ton, but also sadly weighs a ton.....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.