How do i remove this flash hider? Vfc 417 gbbr

Ghostopera

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pretty much as the title reads, how do i take this off? A friend gave me a good deal on this vfc 417 gbb and he already had the g27k handguard on the way, just wanted to know how i can remove the flash hider so when time comes i can fit the g27k one. Thank you

F1A7C8CC-E4C0-405D-A969-D9A86C455E06.jpeg

I've changed the flash hider on my 416, I can't remember any grub screws.

Which means there's one obvious thing to ask ...

You do know these are counter clockwise threads,  so they unscrew the wrong way to everything in normal life?   (Sorry if that's stating the bleeding obvious / teaching granny to suck eggs)

2 hours ago, Ghostopera said:

Hi ive tried turning it CCW but the little metal lin is wgat stops it budging its awkward

Looks like a circlip - basically a circular spring that prevents loosening. If it is, you’ll need circlip pliers to remove it properly, or you could bodge it with a screwdriver and prise it off, just be careful it doesn’t fly off somewhere!

Yes, good spot @Davet

I can't edit my previous reply, its probably the name tagging

Anyway, I checked my 416, that's just a plain 14mm CCW

7 hours ago, Davet said:

Looks like a circlip - basically a circular spring that prevents loosening. If it is, you’ll need circlip pliers to remove it properly, or you could bodge it with a screwdriver and prise it off, just be careful it doesn’t fly off somewhere!

So i tried loosening it with a flathead screw. Only problem is like one quarter of the clip is visible and the other end is completely hidden this is just a pain now wow 😭

That looks like the stupid pin/circlip Worcester Bosch put in their shitty boilers. 

All you need to do is punch it out from the straight side. 

Screenshot_20230524_225630_Chrome.thumb.jpg.90a942418a59b372e2c23b3a2038af57.jpg

Once you get it started, you should be able to pull it through from the otherside with a pair of Pliers. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.