Tm scar h grip compatibility

Jay91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a tm scar h that a few of the parts could do with replacing, however tm parts especially for anything not m4 based seem like gold dust.

The most important issue to fix is that on of the screw holes in my grip base has knackered threads. I can't seem to find a stock replacement anywhere and from reading online it seems like an m4 grip won't work. Do any scar owners know of a grip that works or what's required to make one work?

Thanks 

Tap and die set and make your own thread? If it's fucked already you can't lose too much trying it. Altough I assume your gearbox needs the same treatment so I would try to first to source a grip before you make something irreversible.

Edited by Krisz

Gearbox is fine it's literally just the baseplate on the grip but it's plastic so I don't think tapping it will work unless I oversize it and find a thicker screw that fits

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.