WE PDW rubber recoil buffer replacement

Ajax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi.

My rubber recoild buffer has crumbled and I need to replace it. Can't find any places online where this element would be available and even in the manual it is not specified separately.

So need to make my own.

Now what material could I use? 

Do you have any advice what easily available material I can buy to cut the recoil buffer? 

Thank you.

Kit-WE-OB-PDW-l-g3__71961.jpg

Ordered some rubber (65 hardness) and PU (60 hardness) was thinking about silicone pads (50 hardness) but worried that it would be too soft). Will update on results :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes, I ended up cutting it out of PU - if feels similar to G39 stock buffer so hope it will work. 

Also I made it bit higher to match the length of recoil spring end  cap as I have heard that because stock buffer is shorter if can cause recoil spring end cap to crack.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.