Hi-capa slide lock issues

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So today, after a LOT of filing to make it fit in my outer barrel, I put a new maple leaf hop+barrel set in my asg co2 combat master, with a guarder 150% recoil spring. Everything moved as it should, the slide is much snappier, and it fires.

But when the slide locks back I have two issues, one bigger than the other.

Issue one, sometimes when the slide locks back I cannot release the slide lock by pulling the slide back. The lock stays in the upright position, unless I shake the pistol as I do it.

The second, and much bigger issue, is that more often than issue 1, when the slide locks back it pushes the slide lock out slightly, meaning I then have to push the pin out completely and put it back in before I can use it. Now this is t really the ideal thing to do every time I want to reload, so I wanted to ask if anyone else has had similar issues? I feel like it might be the new recoil spring being a bit too strong for issue 2, and issue 1 might be the little bit of metal that pushes the slide lock up when the magazine is empty might be getting stuck.

Slide lock not dropping back, in my experience the slide lock is triggered by the piece of plastic in the top of the mag. Didn't realise it would dro pforward by pulling the slide back, just push the slide lock down and presto. Mission accomplished.

Lock coming out sounds like wear on the tab that keeps the pin in place.

Ultimately though....150%??? WTF? 120 would be more than ample and you're only going to trash your gas efficiency and cause more slide locking problems by running it so high.

• 3 weeks later...

So after a little use, and putting a little teflon tape on the slide catch pin, it works fine and is very snappy. Have however decided next pistol I buy with either be a TM or something with TM compatible parts!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.