Cyma m14 EBR with Aero stock?

Impulse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, I figured I'd ask the collective hive mind about this project idea that I had, since I love HPA "DMRs" (whether 1.1J like mine because my local site rules are bad for DMRs, or 1.88J for elsewhere) but I hate the line and tank. Well, I don't hate it, but I don't like it. So I was browsing the internet trying to source something for my current HPA m14 when I came across the Cyma m14 EBR model that comes with a standard m4 stock and having seen one of the site owner's MTWs at Worthing on Sunday my brain suddenly made the connection: "Could I put an Aero stock on an m14 EBR?"

So I guess my question is: does anyone here know if the buffer tube for the M4 style crane stock on the Cyma m14 EBR screws in like a regular m4 AEG? High Pressure Airsoft told me that I should be able to install an Aero stock as long as the buffer tube screws in like a regular M4 AEG, so that seems to be the one real unknown on this build idea...

59 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Hello everyone, I figured I'd ask the collective hive mind about this project idea that I had, since I love HPA "DMRs" (whether 1.1J like mine because my local site rules are bad for DMRs, or 1.88J for elsewhere) but I hate the line and tank. Well, I don't hate it, but I don't like it. So I was browsing the internet trying to source something for my current HPA m14 when I came across the Cyma m14 EBR model that comes with a standard m4 stock and having seen one of the site owner's MTWs at Worthing on Sunday my brain suddenly made the connection: "Could I put an Aero stock on an m14 EBR?"

So I guess my question is: does anyone here know if the buffer tube for the M4 style crane stock on the Cyma m14 EBR screws in like a regular m4 AEG? High Pressure Airsoft told me that I should be able to install an Aero stock as long as the buffer tube screws in like a regular M4 AEG, so that seems to be the one real unknown on this build idea...

I can't help you with that answer as I don't know. But alternatively to that, couldn't you just use one of the wolverine wraith engines?

They screw onto the end of your M4 no problem. Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, TobiasC95 said:

I can't help you with that answer as I don't know. But alternatively to that, couldn't you just use one of the wolverine wraith engines?

They screw onto the end of your M4 no problem. Just a thought.

It's a consideration I have, but I want the full-size 13ci tank in the stock rather than running CO2 as I'm not a fan of running CO2 since trying it with my VSR. Also I think it'd have the same pre-requisite as the aero stock, being that it needs to screw into where the buffer tube goes.

What may end up happening is me buying the EBR anyway (not right now, it's a project for a few months time) and finding out that way, then I'll either aero stock it, or buy a Magpul CTR stock or something, then either keep it AEG or just run a line and tank like with my other m14 HPA build.

On 27/02/2023 at 12:50, Impulse said:

It's a consideration I have, but I want the full-size 13ci tank in the stock rather than running CO2 as I'm not a fan of running CO2 since trying it with my VSR. Also I think it'd have the same pre-requisite as the aero stock, being that it needs to screw into where the buffer tube goes.

What may end up happening is me buying the EBR anyway (not right now, it's a project for a few months time) and finding out that way, then I'll either aero stock it, or buy a Magpul CTR stock or something, then either keep it AEG or just run a line and tank like with my other m14 HPA build.

The wolverine X has an inbuilt reg, that model allows you to screw in your 13"-15"17" tanks directly.

You just need a tank stock. They are pricey like, but what isn't with HPA builds.

But again, not familiar, and in general my knowledge of systems aint great. Just giving you my 2 cents.

To do the actual installation I'd probably just send it to High Pressure Airsoft, so I'll discuss the options with them. While my HPA VSR build has gone really well, my other HPA m14 build has given me PTSD with how much I've tried fixing it myself (and it's now also with High Pressure Airsoft to fix because I'm at my wits end...)

Did a bit more research into this and... it can't be done. Damn it! Have had a look at other options and I might be able to do something with an Ares SR25 DMR carbine, but looking into if I can swap the hop unit out because the stock one is apparently awful and I'm not doing a "DMR" build with a crap hop up. If I can't do that, I'll drop this idea as I don't want to just get an MTW because I wanted something 7.62 (or at least something like a mk12)

image.thumb.jpeg.e74d7eef276ed4b04f5b800ccfda0e12.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.