Guarder slide and barrel kit for TM Glock 17/22/34 Gen 3

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am thinking about the CNC aluminium slide kit which comes with a lightweight blowback housing, and wondering what parts I will have to change to run the TM with a metal slide.

I believe I will need a stronger recoil spring, but the Guarder ones are often 150% or more and I would prefer something in the 120-140% range.

Will I immediately have to replace the TM nozzle for a stronger Guarder one, or will the original last for a while. If I need the Guarder one straight away, will I be able to just transfer the TM internals into it.

I know many owners put in a stronger hammer spring to avoid the problem of light strikes. How soon do I need to get one? Is light striking something that only occurs using green gas in higher temperatures?

Is there anything else I need to change that I am not aware of?

I would appreciate any advice members could give me.

Edited by emilianoksa

Technically you don't need to replace any internals. Mine worked perfectly without stronger springs etc but the blowback motion was very soft. It feels much beefier with the Guarder recoil and hammer spring. I wouldn't worry about the nozzle until it breaks.

Internally I only changed recoil spring and guide rod (cowcow) and short stroked it. Lot snappier for follow up shots. I would only buy new nozzle and hammer set when it breaks. Marui's biggest weakness is the plastic slide not internals.

Also, change gas route seals on your mags for nine ball/laylax roughly +15-20 fps.

Edited by Krisz

I built a few of these and different problems have arose.

I wouldn’t change the nozzle unless absolutely neccecary.

Guarder recoil springs comes in many different strengths.

Like someone said before, start of with the original springs.

Then you might have to try different comboes of recoil, hammer and nozzle returnsprings to find the sweetspot where everything runs just like you want it to.

rainbow8.com is a good source to find the springs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.