E&L AK105 gas tube

rsvpiper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Put this zenitco rail on my Lads 105 but for the life of me I can't get the gas tubes locking pin to rotate and lock in place, it was a little tight to get the pin to move initially but going back is a solid no! Am I missing something 🤔 I've lightly oiled both parts but nowp it won't budge! Other than beating the shit out of it with a lump 🔨  I am at a loss! On the up side that rail looks the dogs😁

IMG-20230207-WA0007.jpg

You may have to press down on the gas tube itself, I have the problem in the past, another the other point is to make sure the front part of the gas tube is fully push into the gas block port.  

Is the zenitco rail for the E&L series of AKs and not LCT/Cyma? 

13 minutes ago, rsvpiper said:

Yes the 105 is E&L

A slight miscommunication.  I mean is the zenitco rail you bought for the 105  specifically for E&L AKs?

As some manufactures make  them for different  brands of AKs.  E&L furniture specs are different from LCT.  So if you bought an LCT rail and put it on a your E&L that maybe a possible cause of your problem.

Yeh they are tight to start with but also as Sniper pointed out E&L and LCT arent really cross compatible due to receiver length differences

On 07/02/2023 at 21:40, Sniper780 said:

Is the zenitco rail for the E&L series of AKs and not LCT/Cyma? 

Yes the 105 is E&L

20230209_161941.jpg

Just now, rsvpiper said:

Yes the 105 is E&L

20230209_161941.jpg

Fitted fine and after some persuasion the gas tube, which was being a total pain with or with the rail is in as it should be!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.