g&G mp5 not shooting

jeanluc1993

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello all, i have a g&g mp5 AEG and its currently not shooting. when i plug in a battery all i get is this beeping sound coming from the gear box area. 

i havnt worked on mp5s before. and this issue is a new one to me. 

would anyone know how to fix or where i should start to look in to this (i know gearbox area) but what am i looking for there.

thanks 

A beeping sound suggests that it has a mosfet fitted and that the mosfet is not happy about something.  Some mosfets bleep in particular ways to indicate particular errors.

Do you know what mosfet is in it?

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

A beeping sound suggests that it has a mosfet fitted and that the mosfet is not happy about something.  Some mosfets bleep in particular ways to indicate particular errors.

Do you know what mosfet is in it?

what ever is as standard with G&G. just got a few shots off about 20 with a fully charged ni-mh. then went bact to beeping. about 1 per second. 

23 minutes ago, jeanluc1993 said:

what ever is as standard with G&G. just got a few shots off about 20 with a fully charged ni-mh. then went bact to beeping. about 1 per second. 

If it has a G&G mosfet, then it probably needs an 11.1v battery,  One bleep per second is the mosfet registering low voltage and cutting out to protect the battery; they are generally set up for 11.1v, although my son had one that worked perfectly with 7.4v.

Edited by Colin Allen

• Supporters

G&G MP5s with their built in ETU need an 11.1v LiPo Battery, it says  so in the manual.

However if you do need to disassemble it, i made a video years ago on the TGMP5 A5

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.