TM Glock magazine o rings

steve1462

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hive mind - 

I need to replace the rubber o ring around the base of the magazine for my TM glock 17. I can find sets of o ring for the fill and release valve but not the big o ring for the base plate. 

Can anyone shed any light on where I could buy them, or even just the size I need and I can buy generic ones!

TIA

1 minute ago, steve1462 said:

Hive mind - 

I need to replace the rubber o ring around the base of the magazine for my TM glock 17. I can find sets of o ring for the fill and release valve but not the big o ring for the base plate. 

Can anyone shed any light on where I could buy them, or even just the size I need and I can buy generic ones!

TIA

Any plumbing supply shops will do a case of various size o rings. Some builders merchants as well 

Are they completely broken? Most of the time they can be brought back to life with silicone oil/and or some kind of grease.

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue and think I solved it with a generous spray of silicone, however I noticed that my seal looks round rather than square to fit the mag. Has anyone else had this issue ? I’m looking to stock up on seals so if round is good, does anyone know what size to go for 

Simply bearings have all the o rings known to man. ( well the round ones)

If you can measure it, the manual says its a 2mm x 18mm o ring, but it looks square in shape rather than round so you might need to resize it it you are going to use a round o ring. They have round, square and x cross sections. Take one out and measure it, find one with the same inner circumference measurement.

With o rings its the squeeze that matters, so if the part is using 2mm thick o rings that's what you should go for although you can use a little more thickness on a part like that because it's static.

Lube it on install to prevent the o ring snagging and deforming.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.