Specna Arms Mag Compatibility

C-Diddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just ordered my son a Specna Arms M4 (E03 Edge) and wondered if anyone knows what their mag compatibility is like?

I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread on the forum but can't seem to find it, so apologies if I'm asking for old info.

I use the PTS EPM mags in my TM Recoil, and like them a lot. Just wondered if the standard versions (not EPM 1) would fit and feed the Specna.

My son's Specna is in bits at the moment (don't leave it anywhere humid like I did - a week near a tumble drier has destroyed the previously mint paintwork with nasty white surface corrosion) otherwise I would check.

From what I can remember - EPMs worked fine, MAG/King Arms style plastic Mid caps were fine. Can't remember whether my KWA MS120s work (they are better value than EPMs IMO for similar performance). Lonex flash mags worked fine. I think ICS Plastic (T-Mag) Hi-Caps worked ok too.

YMMV though - mine is an early batch version circa 2018 (that was fucked with QA issues) - there might have been changes in production over the years

12 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

My son's Specna is in bits at the moment (don't leave it anywhere humid like I did - a week near a tumble drier has destroyed the previously mint paintwork with nasty white surface corrosion) otherwise I would check.

From what I can remember - EPMs worked fine, MAG/King Arms style plastic Mid caps were fine. Can't remember whether my KWA MS120s work (they are better value than EPMs IMO for similar performance). Lonex flash mags worked fine. I think ICS Plastic (T-Mag) Hi-Caps worked ok too.

YMMV though - mine is an early batch version circa 2018 (that was fucked with QA issues) - there might have been changes in production over the years

That's good enough for me pal. I'll get some ordered. Might have a skeg for the KWA mags too.

Hope your lad's gun isn't beyond salvage.

33 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Hope your lad's gun isn't beyond salvage.

Some pitting in the metal - managed to sand out a lot of it, but it will never be a beauty queen now. The Specna paint on mine (again - early batch so may have changed) was so thin that even 0000 Grade wire wool took it off easily.

So - it's had a base coat of a rather fetching shade of German WW2 'Hell grau' - and will be my first attempt at dicking around with an airbrush much like the stuff that Negative Airsoft does. Just not as good obviously.

image.png.0fee4085ceb804288e4ce74f7be0fb0f.png

I'm sure it'll turn out fine, and probably look even better when there are a few nicks and wear marks in the paint.

We'll need progress phots...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.