Kombat UK Mesh Full Face Mask

RangerMcFriendly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi people, I'm new to airsoft and was just wondering if these masks are worth using. I just bought one for £25 and I suppose I should have asked here first, but this mask manages to fit over my glasses. The exact mask is linked. Thanks for any help.

https://irishuk.com/army-c14/airsoft-accessories-c80/kombat-uk-mesh-mask-coyote-p711

• Moderators

Should be OK, the mesh size is quite large, giving some concern to bb's potentially shattering & particles getting through, but given that you'll be wearing glasses under it, it should be fine. 

Masks, bit like boots, are quite a personal thing, what fits & works for one guy may not suit the next guy, so there's often quite a bit of trial & error involved until your happy. 

12 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Should be OK, the mesh size is quite large, giving some concern to bb's potentially shattering & particles getting through, but given that you'll be wearing glasses under it, it should be fine. 

Masks, bit like boots, are quite a personal thing, what fits & works for one guy may not suit the next guy, so there's often quite a bit of trial & error involved until your happy. 

Thanks, that's a huge help. I was just concerned I may have picked up an unsafe mask. If BBs shatter and make it past the glasses I wear I'd be very surprised.

I use mesh with glasses as well.  Haven't had a BB shatter yet.

I think the larger mesh is a bit better than the one with small holes because it flexes a bit when hit so the BBs are less likely to shatter.

But I'm glad I have the glasses underneath anyway.

Edited by EDcase

• Moderators

No worries, I'll be honest I sometimes wear mesh (without glasses) but I've never had a BB shatter & cause an issue, but I know others have so better safe than sorry🤔

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.