need help with finding Bandolier

Alexdima579

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

So I made a previous post about looking for a good bandolier and after looking at suggestions and other places I found a cool bandolier

Here's the link: https://www.defconpaintballgear.com/magfed-gear-tactical-molle-bandolier-black/

Issue with this though is that the retailer doesn't ship to the UK. So I'd like to ask, does anyone know where I can find this type of bandolier with a front and back panel?

Cheers in advance.

• Supporters

No idea if this site is legit - https://www.tacticalgeartrade.co.uk/flyye-industries/flyye-1000d-bandoleer-molle-platform-webbing-belt-coyote-brown.html  

If you can't be sure then the usual sites in the far east have them if you google 'molle bandolier' or 'bandoleer'.  Personally I'd recommend a chest rig or PALS belt since there's a reason those are so popular and the bandoliers are far scarcer, but there's options to try.

• Supporters

Bandoliers are great, I've often run them, they make for a good high speed low drag set up, especially if your bodyshape isn't ideal for belt rigs. 

First one I had was made by blackhawk, now discontinued but there's some good knock offs about, considerably cheaper than what your looking at, used to be a few sellers on ebay with multiple colours/camos, for about £15-20, can't find them at the mo but I did find this:

https://www.carousell.sg/p/mud-brown-tactical-molle™-bandolier-sling-bag-1055799730/

EDIT : had a look at earlier topics re bandoliers, found this link on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174606742374?hash=item28a75f7366:g:BrcAAOSwHHFY-Gfi

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2022 at 21:37, TheFull9 said:

No idea if this site is legit - https://www.tacticalgeartrade.co.uk/flyye-industries/flyye-1000d-bandoleer-molle-platform-webbing-belt-coyote-brown.html  

If you can't be sure then the usual sites in the far east have them if you google 'molle bandolier' or 'bandoleer'.  Personally I'd recommend a chest rig or PALS belt since there's a reason those are so popular and the bandoliers are far scarcer, but there's options to try.

funny enough I was looking at running the bandolier with a battle belt lol, I do get you tho with how they're not the most useful of kits, I've just had this idea of running an 80's inspired loadout lol

On 16/10/2022 at 22:25, Tackle said:

Bandoliers are great, I've often run them, they make for a good high speed low drag set up, especially if your bodyshape isn't ideal for belt rigs. 

First one I had was made by blackhawk, now discontinued but there's some good knock offs about, considerably cheaper than what your looking at, used to be a few sellers on ebay with multiple colours/camos, for about £15-20, can't find them at the mo but I did find this:

https://www.carousell.sg/p/mud-brown-tactical-molle™-bandolier-sling-bag-1055799730/

EDIT : had a look at earlier topics re bandoliers, found this link on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174606742374?hash=item28a75f7366:g:BrcAAOSwHHFY-Gfi

Wanted to ask man, what does your Blackhawk bandolier look like? Sounds like a solid bit of kit, shame tho they discontinued it.

Also with the ebay one is there any good small belts to connect the bandolier to a belt system too? bit worried that the bandolier would go over the place when running around.

Edited by Alexdima579

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Alexdima579 said:

funny enough I was looking at running the bandolier with a battle belt lol, I do get you tho with how they're not the most useful of kits, I've just had this idea of running an 80's inspired loadout lol

Wanted to ask man, what does your Blackhawk bandolier look like? Sounds like a solid bit of kit, shame tho they discontinued it.

Also with the ebay one is there any good small belts to connect the bandolier to a belt system too? bit worried that the bandolier would go over the place when running around.

Hey mate, no pics of mine at the mo, I usually run an inverted serpa holster at the highest point(my right titty), 4x 7.62  tactical tailor shingles that will hold pretty much any mag(plus because they're slight oversize to an M4 shingle, the curve the whole setup around the torso a bit) , then a 5.56 tactical tailor shingle for an m4 size speedloader which sits just above my left hip, & piggybacked on to that is a twin pistol mag holder which when loaded gives a good counterweight to stop movement .

the whole thing is very lightweight, sits high across the chest & doesn't impede movement at all. 

I also run a sling fitted, essentially a length of 25mm webbing that connects on the front midway under the pouches at about the sternum, goes under my right arm about 6 inches under the armpit & attaches to the rear of the bandolier in the middle of the back. 

On the sling is a quick release sling point, the type that locks in to a suitable sling or stock mount, this means I can literally drop an rifle & it instantly slides out of the way under my armpit, usually sitting slightly to the rear of my right hip, that set up combined with the inverted serpa makes for a lightning fast transition from primary to pistol, even for an old slow fucker like me it looks impressive lol. 

I've never had an issue with the setup moving or rotating, but I know the original blackhawk had a small strap down on the left hip area that could attach to a belt or even a trouser belt loop, probably be easy to knock something up similar if it's needed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2022 at 00:21, Tackle said:

Hey mate, no pics of mine at the mo, I usually run an inverted serpa holster at the highest point(my right titty), 4x 7.62  tactical tailor shingles that will hold pretty much any mag(plus because they're slight oversize to an M4 shingle, the curve the whole setup around the torso a bit) , then a 5.56 tactical tailor shingle for an m4 size speedloader which sits just above my left hip, & piggybacked on to that is a twin pistol mag holder which when loaded gives a good counterweight to stop movement .

the whole thing is very lightweight, sits high across the chest & doesn't impede movement at all. 

I also run a sling fitted, essentially a length of 25mm webbing that connects on the front midway under the pouches at about the sternum, goes under my right arm about 6 inches under the armpit & attaches to the rear of the bandolier in the middle of the back. 

On the sling is a quick release sling point, the type that locks in to a suitable sling or stock mount, this means I can literally drop an rifle & it instantly slides out of the way under my armpit, usually sitting slightly to the rear of my right hip, that set up combined with the inverted serpa makes for a lightning fast transition from primary to pistol, even for an old slow fucker like me it looks impressive lol. 

I've never had an issue with the setup moving or rotating, but I know the original blackhawk had a small strap down on the left hip area that could attach to a belt or even a trouser belt loop, probably be easy to knock something up similar if it's needed. 

Sounds like a solid loadout, I was thinking of having my rifle pouches on the bandolier and then having it connect to a battle belt holding my pistol with some mags for it, but I'll probs just leave the strap bit tbh as it sounds like everything is quite nicely balanced anyway

Also I know it's weird to ask but do you run your shingle upside down or normal? I've seen with a lot of airsoft bandoliers in videos people tend to hold their mags upside down for some reason

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.