Specna arms SA-SO2 Upgraded version (trigger problem).

Retracs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good afternoon all,  Specna arms SA-SO2 Core (Upgraded version).

Owning this rifle from new earlier this year and only skirmished with it maybe 5 or 6 times,

It has developed a fault.Basically when charging it and pushing the bolt forward it is self firing.

I have checked warranty on it, and it only comes with a 3month warranty.Anyone out there knowledgeable on this rifle and maybe have any solutions to this problem would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks 

Steve

I don't have experience with that particular model but I strongly suspect the trigger sear has worn down so it can no longer hold the piston in the cocked position.

Do a search on Youtube for "sear replacement" or something similar.  Hopefully someone here may be able to help with specifics on what part you'll need to replace...

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

Yup, sounds like the trigger sear, or it could be wear on the piston, especially if it's plastic.  The sad truth is that airsoft parts are typically made of Chinesium, and sniper trigger parts in particular are prone to premature wear.  I'm not sure what "upgraded version" entails, but if it's got a stronger spring that'll also have contributed.

Sight unseen, I wouldn't like to recommend a particular part or solution, you'll want to inspect the trigger sear and piston for signs of wear first.

According to the dealer this is supposed to be the high power version.

redesigned trigger unit with steel parts
- lightweight, CNC aluminum piston
- CNC aluminum spring guide
- high power main spring

I think  somewhere along the line maybe the trigger assembly is not up to scratch with the other parts.I’ll do some checking on compatible trigger assemblys

thanks for your input.

• Supporters

I'd be very surprised if they've actually done anything with the trigger unit.  Those are a big cost: a 90 degree trigger box will run you close to £100 just on its own, even without a 90 degree piston. 

They might have changed the standard 45 degree sear for something less cheesy, but if so, it's not working very well.

Sorry to hear this, I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. I have an "upgraded" MB-03 that's currently in my pile of shame due to trigger unit issues, although in my case it's the spring stopper that's wallered out.

• Supporters

Most airsoft guns are clones or variants of each other so there may be other parts that fit - especially if your retailer actually modified the trigger unit.

https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/ might be more help - this thread suggests that it's mostly VSR... except for the parts that aren't.  There used to be another site - that escapes my searching now - that focussed on parts compatibility.  I wonder if anyone else can recall what it was.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.