Rifle of Dreams Aquired - The build starts now

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The Heckler & Koch PSG1,  Präzisionsschützengewehr 1, is one of the most unique, iconic and interesting looking sniper rifles in the world. I have wanted a GBBR variant since long before one existed. The VFC PSG1 sells for about 1250€ in Sweden, And with it being listed as a limited production item I honestly did not think I would be able to ever buy one. I'm posting this partly as motivation for others who feel the same way. Today marks the start point of a dream of many years. I'll be posting threads from time to time about updates.

-The Plan-

The bolt carrier and hammer will be polished for smoothest possible cycling, This has already been done.

The inner barrel will be swapped for a precision barrel, if there is one that fits that is

A Harris bipod will be mounted instead of a Marui PSG bipod since it is both easier to find and more versatile.

I cannot find any PSG1 slings for sale. The rifle will instead be equipped with a modified G3 leather sling.

A Hawke scope will be mounted instead of an original Hensoldt or a Marui/Tasco replica, again because it is easier to find, more versatile and significantly cheaper.

A fellow airsoft fan and skilled lathe machinist will be helping to modify the scope sunshade so that it can be used without partially blocking the cocking lever.

A wooden handle will be either purchased or carved. The plastic handle is decent but on such an expensive platform i'd like a real wood grip.

Shims will be installed to make forestock feel more solid.

A mock suppressor, likely an ASG Hush XL or a M-ETAL Smooth, will be modified to fit the gun. It will simply slide onto the barrel and be held with friction using foam sheets. It is just for looks when the rifle is on display.

Finally, if a steel trigger set is made for this gun, it will be installed when I can get one.

Edited by LzChase

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
18 hours ago, LzChase said:

The Heckler & Koch PSG1,  Präzisionsschützengewehr 1, is one of the most unique, iconic and interesting looking sniper rifles in the world. I have wanted a GBBR variant since long before one existed. The VFC PSG1 sells for about 1250€ in Sweden, And with it being listed as a limited production item I honestly did not think I would be able to ever buy one. I'm posting this partly as motivation for others who feel the same way. Today marks the start point of a dream of many years. I'll be posting threads from time to time about updates.

-The Plan-

The bolt carrier and hammer will be polished for smoothest possible cycling, This has already been done.

The inner barrel will be swapped for a precision barrel, if there is one that fits that is

A Harris bipod will be mounted instead of a Marui PSG bipod since it is both easier to find and more versatile.

I cannot find any PSG1 slings for sale. The rifle will instead be equipped with a modified G3 leather sling.

A Hawke scope will be mounted instead of an original Hensoldt or a Marui/Tasco replica, again because it is easier to find, more versatile and significantly cheaper.

A fellow airsoft fan and skilled lathe machinist will be helping to modify the scope sunshade so that it can be used without partially blocking the cocking lever.

A wooden handle will be either purchased or carved. The plastic handle is decent but on such an expensive platform i'd like a real wood grip.

Shims will be installed to make forestock feel more solid.

A mock suppressor, likely an ASG Hush XL or a M-ETAL Smooth, will be modified to fit the gun. It will simply slide onto the barrel and be held with friction using foam sheets. It is just for looks when the rifle is on display.

Finally, if a steel trigger set is made for this gun, it will be installed when I can get one.

Solid plan - but no pictures! Make sure to take plenty as you go through the process, it'll be a fun build diary.

6 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Solid plan - but no pictures! Make sure to take plenty as you go through the process, it'll be a fun build diary.

Absolutely will, I'm just finishing up some fine tuning on the internals, I'll likely post the timeline thread itself in Guns, Gear & Loadouts very soon.

Edit: 

Edited by LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.