Krytac Trident Mk2 CRB Upgrades

Guest USEC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, quick question.

Would a Krytac Trident Mk2 CRB benefit from a Dave's custom airsoft tier one upgrade? Or will it make minimal difference vs stock.

(Prometheus Purple Bucking, Prometheus Flat Hop Tensioner, Prometheus EG 6.03mm Inner Barrel for Krytac AEG)

Also, to anyone experienced, what upgrades would this benefit from down the line? It seems i'll be getting this as my first RIF in approx 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance: :)

FWIW, I had this exact same model of rif for my first 

I bought it from a player with those upgrades already fitted, so didn’t experience the standard set up to compare

I had it pinging .28’s a good distance, I never serviced it, and only changed the connector to Deans

A great first rif, never let me down

Ive got a fellow player with a Krytac and has had to return it to Land Warrior now 3 times with issues with the quality of finish on the Leylax Prometheus barrel

Two sides to the same coin 😬

27 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

FWIW, I had this exact same model of rif for my first 

I bought it from a player with those upgrades already fitted, so didn’t experience the standard set up to compare

I had it pinging .28’s a good distance, I never serviced it, and only changed the connector to Deans

A great first rif, never let me down

Ive got a fellow player with a Krytac and has had to return it to Land Warrior now 3 times with issues with the quality of finish on the Leylax Prometheus barrel

Two sides to the same coin 😬

Thanks for the reply! 

Hmm, maybe then ill start with just changing the rubbers and leaving the barrel, and see how that does. I'll give the rubber changes a go myself. No tech experience but with YouTube and attention to detail, shouldn't be too hard right? 😄

Don't up grade a gun until you have actually used it and see that it suits your style of play. 1st thing you should do is clean the barrel. Next thing is set the hop, go to the range at your site and take some time to get the gun set to the weight and make of BBs you wsnt to use. Krytacs reputation is perfectly fine but over priced for what they are. if I was spending that much on a gun I would expect it to be good out the box.

Edited by BigStew

12 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Don't up grade a gun until you have actually used it and see that it suits your style of play. 1st thing you should do is clean the barrel. Next thing is set the hop, go to the range at your site and take some time to get the gun set to the weight and make of BBs you wsnt to use. Krytacs reputation is perfectly fine but over priced for what they are. if I was spending that much on a gun I would expect it to be good out the box.

I agree with your point on not upgrading it straight away, but I don't tend to agree on the price point. From what I've seen, it seems to be fair. I mean the upgrades im talking about are probably needless anyway, its just more of a comfort in the knowledge that such important but simple components I.e. the rubbers are of the best quality. 

Again, only going by what I've seen, the krytac seems to be basically the same performance as things like the vfc avalon, with the krytac being a bit cheaper. 

I'm not disagreeing with you for no reason, I'd genuinely be interested what you think would be better value for the money? (I'm not talking about a £200 RIF being technically better value for money, I'm talking about better value for money at around the same price point with the same features and same build quality, brand reputation etc)

When you've got novritsch trying to shift a slightly upgraded vfc avalon for €600, that's the overpriced mark isn't it?

Edited by USEC

I run a mkii crb as my primary weapon. 

I too thought the same as you regarding upgrading straight away, but several months down the road and a lot of use, I can categorically say that I really wouldn't bother.

I stuck in a Prometheus 6.03 barrel, maple leaf bucking/nub, from there on I experienced a serious drop in fps, averaging 275. Don't get me wrong, it was accurate and had reasonable range, but upon putting the stock barrel,bucking/nub back in and putting a wrap of PTFE around the bucking, it now happily sits around 340.

All I've now done is change out the stock spring to an m100,and clip half a coil off.

From playing on Saturday I'm extremely happy with it's performance now.

Stick an 11.1 in it and away you go. 

I too have the MKII. 
They are based out of my hometown here in the USA, so .... :D 

That said, everything is great but the hop up was all FUBAR right out of the box. 
 I replaced it with a MAXX unit and it is outstanding now. 
I went with the flat up and can take it out to about 60 meters without issue and pretty accurate. 

However, just shoot it out of the box and see what it will do. 

P.S. I run .32g bbs and it hits what I am aiming at. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.