Another "first gun" question, but with a twist.

Guest USEC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest USEC

Not going to make this long, I was just keen on the experienced people's opinions on these options that davescustomairsoft.co.uk offer.
From what I've researched so far, something like the G&G CM16 Raider with the 'tier 1 + mosfet" and deans connector upgrades option should be a pretty good "no further upgrades needed out of the box" experience right? is that a 'fair' price for the extras? Please note this is an example weapon but I could choose another. more interested about the value of the upgrade options. Don't worry too much about the price, as long as it's fair i'll pay it. If it's not good value for money then that's where the issue would lie.

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-weapons/assault-rifles-aeg/cm16-raider-aeg-black?sort=p.price&order=ASC

Edited by USEC

So Tier 1 looks like a basic Titan and a barrel and hop rubber upgrade from the looks of it. At a rough calc, seems roughly half is cost is the parts and half labour.

No idea on labour costs to say if that is reasonable as I do my own, but I would personally go for something like a Double Eagle M904 if you want some functions as a starter gun and learn to switch out a barrel and hop rubber should you feel the need. I have one, I'm still running the stock barrel, but switched the hop rubber, but that was just because I had a spare kicking around.

Edited by SilentSparky

• Supporters
2 hours ago, SilentSparky said:

but I would personally go for something like a Double Eagle M904 if you want some functions as a starter gun and learn to switch out a barrel and hop rubber should you feel the need

That.  Or if you want to spend a bit more, a Specna Arms EDGE 2.0 with the GATE ASTER optical mosfet.  The rotary hop unit is decent enough, and both the DE and Specna are wired to Deans and have QC spring systems, which the G&G doesn't. I think my EDGE 1.0 even came with a flat hopped bucking and nub (although I threw then in the Bits Box in favour of Maple Leafs parts).

Barrels, rubbers and nubs are very easy to change if you want to dive in yourself, although I'd suggest just cleaning the barrel and playing with an AEG to get a baseline for its performance.

• Supporters

No problem, and you're right to ask as there's a baffling range of M4s that look largely identical. The G&G CM16 is decent enough and used to be a default suggestion.  You'd be unlikely to regret owning one.  However, in price for features, it's slipped way down the list now, and it's getting harder to recommend them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.