How can I check that I have a Cyma Blue edition MP5 and not a standard version?

The_Lord_Poncho

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This might be a strange question, but…

I’ve taken delivery of a Cyma Blue Edition MP5 (CM.041J). I’ve absolutely no reason to suspect that I’ve been stiffed by the seller, but seeing as the box and paperwork contained have zero reference both to the product code nor the fact that it is a Blue Edition that I’ve been sent, what would be the easiest way that I can go about checking that I have indeed been sent the Blue Edition version that I ordered, instead of the cheaper standard version? Do I really need to strip the whole thing down and look in the gearbox to check it has the relevant upgraded parts?

I would have expected to see some form of label/sticker on the box denoting it to be the Blue Edition as a minimum!

The nozzle, when looking in the hop unit from the magwell, should be blue. Older ones were clear.

The gearbox casing should be silver, older ones were black.

The cylinder should be shiny dark silver, older ones were brass.

Superb - many thanks Speedbird - super thorough - I'll check those items tonight.

First impressions are that the gun is heavy and solid! Certainly a different beast to my old original TM M5.....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.