Inner barrel removal

Johnnyg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a cyma M 4 507 and want to change the hop up rubber. 

I am having trouble removing the inner barrel,it will not slide out and appears to be fixed in hard, any suggestions would be helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Try searching on YouTube, might be an answer there.

• Supporters

Oh, sorry, I totally missed this.

Hopefully you've got it sorted by now.  If not, then you need to remove the C-clip that holds the barrel in place.

The barrel will then pull it. It may be a bit sticky, but it'll come out, possibly leaving the bucking behind.

I'd suggest lifting out the hop arm and removing the nub before removing the barrel.  If you wind the hop all the way off, you can sometimes get the barrel in and out without displacing (and potentially losing) the nub, but it's best to be sure by removing it before you take the barrel out, and putting it back after you replace the barrel and bucking.

image.png.a487de89471afcbe24c5af4537ee4919.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.