A&K Spare Parts (external) in particular the PKM

derby_ian

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All, 

I'm just returning to Airsoft after a few years break. I have an A&K PKM that I took on a while ago as a project to restore. The internals are in good shape which is why haven’t posted this on the technical forum.

The gun however is missing the muzzle, forward carry handle/barrel remover, rear sight and the buttstock bolts are sheared. While the bolts could easily be replaced with metric slotted bolts and nuts the rest are more model specific.

Has anyone hd experience sourcing the cosmetic or external parts as spares (in my case for A&K) but generally. It always seems accessories and internal are easy to come by, but not replacements.

I have emailed a few UK Dealers for their thoughts also! 

I would really appreciate any advice or guidance. 

Thank you 

Ian 

Hi ED 👋 

Thank you for your reply, I figured it may be a tough slog. I’ve been looking at a few real-world replacements but even they are difficult to come by. 

It was always a project so I’ll just have to stay patient. 

I assume A&K have stopped producing the PKM even though it’s on their site? 

As you know, UK stock of PKM's is non-existent.  A&K parts a hard to get hold of at the best of times. (I've got their M60)

I don't know if they're still making PKM's but the current Covid situation in China means they're working at low production level, if at all.

Even if the company survives and continues production in the future it'll take quite a while for items to appear in UK retailers.

Apart from the M249 AFAIK A&K do not produce spare externals for sale. I have emailed and messages them directly multiple times and they never contact back. I was looking for a new MK43 Outer barrel assembly for years. 

Thanks both… 

I spoke to an A&K supplier and at this point they don’t believe the PKM is an obsolete line however they are unsure of the next production run, with the COVID lockdown who knows when that might be. 

I figure it wasn’t going to be easy. Thank fully they are cosmetic and not part of the main body so won’t stop use of the gun. 

I have contacted a couple of European Deactivated weapons suppliers that have odd spares of ex soviet weapons. I’ll keep throwing emails and messages out in the hope that something will stick.

The global situation is not a good time for supply chains at all. 

• 1 year later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.