internal resistance, imax b6 v2

datboi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i just got myself a imax b6 v2.

the charger can measure the internal resistance of the cells. however the reading is very different than manually measuring it.

i took a few measurements with the b6 v2 (they're always a bit different with the same battery)

then, i measured the internal resistance manually using a 1ohm resistor and ohm's law and kirchhoff law.

what's your experience guys? can the b6 v2 mesure internal resistance of cells accuratly?

8 hours ago, datboi said:

i just got myself a imax b6 v2. [*SNIP*]

I would be willing to bet that 95% of Airsofters wouldn't know what Internal Resistance is, let alone verify the accuracy on a specific charger model.

The B6 V2 is not a model that comes up often in conversations on here, unlike the numerous cheap B6 (v1) clones/knockoffs that proliferate through Amazon and eBay that Airsofters seem to gravitate to. I mean, there are people that would gladly drop huge cash on stuff like a Maxx hop units/gucci red dots/scopes/stocks etc, yet balk at the idea of spending more than £25 for a decent charger.

I see you've also asked this question across several other forums (RC and Rocketery), I would expect that they would be better placed to comment on it.

• Supporters

That, really.  I have the typical airsofter B6 V1 and it doesn't even do internal resistance guesstimations.  I'd trust your own calculation more.  I mean, assuming that is a 1Ω resistor.

manually i'm mesuring 200ohms.

on the charger 110-125ohms.

the thing that's bugging me - these batteries were around 50 ohm's a year ago. they're panasonic 18650b

i've never used them since and they've been stored at 3.8v. how did they get ruined so fast?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.