Driver Wood, Crawley - Night Game Review from a first timer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Cracking write up and wonderful to hear you enjoyed what was effectively your first game! Taking on a night game for your first game is brave but something I'd recommend  as it definitely can add to it. My first real game in 2012 was a night game and I was hooked! 

Seems like a good crowd to get into as well, thats how the sport should be! Everyone who loves kit, owns kits etc generally loves chatting about it, so when you see someone kitted up you're just really seeing how much they love the sport and loads of opportunities to start conversations with them. 

For your fogging issue, there's a whole bunch of solutions and what works well for one person won't for another. However if you want to stay with glasses then I'd recommend a pair that are close fitting (minimal gaps) but not too close as you want air flow around them as well. Also some of them have an anti fog layer on them (bolle siliums are the ones I use) and around £10 a pair. Some glasses are just a bit pants, seems everyone hates (there'll be some that don't) the bolle tracker 2 glasses (which is a shame cause they look like they'd be awesome). I'd also suggest an extra layer of anti fog stuff, some people recommend cat crap, the anti fog wipes etc. I also recommend bob hopes visor spray (for motorcyclists), spray, clean the glasses and then spray again and allow to dry on. Making sure whatever headwear(cap etc) and face protection is right for you is part of it, some facepro can push your hot breath into your glasses (no idea what the delta mike is like for this), I find caps absorb sweat, some find it hinders. I always find any balaclavas or scarf type things hinder fogging issues for me as it prevents me from controlling my temperature (so sweat more) but generally the more sweat there is the more fogging there is.

You could just get mesh (check out heroshark on facebook) but there's a whole thing of you might get some fragments etc through, but such low power etc. I don't cause I love night games and mesh at night is like wearing sunglasses at night #dark. 

I'd never given thought to coloured arm bands and people who are colour blind, I am sure the owner will want to hear about it. It might not be something they can justify fixing now, but maybe on their next purchase of arm bands etc they can. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.