Barrel stuck..

snuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I tried to swap my hop rubber and nub but found my barrel was welded/glued in to the hop unit,no glue was used btw.I replaced the existing hop rubber with a Guarder rubber and replaced the original barrel with a stainless T/B.When I came to change them out this morning I could not shift the barrel,it would not come out or even twist in the hop unit,I tapped it with a pair of pliers and broke it (other thread for reccomendations BTW).The only liquid or chemical that has been in there would be alcohol form cleaning the barrel,I'm guessing that naffed the hop rubber and why I didn't get the performance I expected.Damn fool...thanks.

Using alcohol will dry out the rubber and cause it to break as it loses it integrity. Do you have any photos, what AEG is it and what brand?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.