WE 3.8 Revival

TheAkimboSteak

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got and old WE 3.8, strarting to misfire and generally needs a little love. Is currently stock inside and out.

thinking about trying to fit a maple leaf hop-up chamber and 80mm maple leaf crazy jet inner barrel. Want to try and back that with a 5ku blow back housing. Noticed 5ku do a hi cap and MEU/1911 version? Website displaying the same photo for both not sure on the difference there or which mite fit better. Anyone tried either of these upgrades on the 3.8? Or general thoughts. Think this would be no problem on the WE 4.3 hi capa. Keen to give it a go or am I setting myself up for a logistical nightmare?

C6C277CF-4FD8-4CFF-BEE3-81FFC2AAE4D8.jpeg

Edited by TheAkimboSteak
Typing error

• 3 weeks later...

Made some minor changes, while still waiting on parts from overseas. Filed the rear sight out to make a better window 2mm to 4mm wide, made the front sight slightly more aggressive in the back for the white dot, will fix the minor bump. And drilled out a safety indicator, painted it red but was alittle too dark, currently just dabbed over in white before I touch it up with flouro orange. 

48DD8D14-38AA-4AA2-82E7-CC2FD5D7AFF0.jpeg

09688189-31B9-4DD1-8489-88CADD850C2A.jpeg

6414BC5D-8EC0-4372-BAA2-5DE19ACBAD7E.jpeg

B540BAD9-7DDE-4DD0-B654-097E084ACB43.jpeg

C8C519BB-472C-4F3F-B420-7258EA449E5E.jpeg

Edited by TheAkimboSteak

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.