Tokyo Marui SGR12 full auto keeps activating cut off

Johndaniel4863

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, 

I am hoping qnyone cam advise me of what the issue could be with my new TM SGR12 that i am running with .25's and both 8.4nimh or 7.4 lipo batteries as recommended by retailers.

The shotgun fires fine on semi auto but when i try and use full automatic it fires about 10 shots then the fet engages and the gun stops firing and the red flashing light starts which i then have to reset by removing and refitting the battery, then it fires fine again in semi auto?

I am hoping to learn from someone elses experience and or knowledge!

Cheers 

Hmmm, no experience with th TM SGR12 but does the motor area or battery get warm/hot in auto before it cuts off?

Obviously something getting overloaded.

Hopefully someone here will know more...

The SGR and AA-12 have  the same internals, with the same Fet cut out.

My AA-12 worked perfectly with a 7.4v lipo, first thing I’d do is put a new, quality Lipo in it

I will get another 7.4lipo to test with it as i can use it with another of my guns but it does the same even with the two 8.4nimh batteries i have also.

@rocketdogbert, which 7.4 lipo do you run with yours (as i am currently using two vapetech 7.4 lipo) as i really want to get the issue solved as it was soul destroying when i used it yesterday to get behind the enemies cover and approach from behind when i tried to fire in auto to get 4 players.....i had to run away as it stopped firing after hitting 1.....

Edited by Johndaniel4863

13 hours ago, Johndaniel4863 said:

I will get another 7.4lipo to test with it as i can use it with another of my guns but it does the same even with the two 8.4nimh batteries i have also.

@rocketdogbert, which 7.4 lipo do you run with yours (as i am currently using two vapetech 7.4 lipo) as i really want to get the issue solved as it was soul destroying when i used it yesterday to get behind the enemies cover and approach from behind when i tried to fire in auto to get 4 players.....i had to run away as it stopped firing after hitting 1.....

I no longer own it, haven’t had AEG’s for a number of years, no idea what company it was from, only that it was converted to Deans.

And that they are extremely fussy about batteries.

if it isn’t that (don’t borrow somebody else’s, buy a new one), it’s likely the  fet is screwed.

Mine failed in the AA-12, I had to import one from Japan, massive expensive ball ache, sorry

I was thinking if it was the fet just get it off to a tech to replace the fet with a gate mosfet or similar? Although it still fires perfectly fire in semi only so may just have to live with it short term which i can do as its semi only rules in buildings where i play and its most effective.

Edited by Johndaniel4863
Add more details

I finally got it solved with the help from airsoft engenuity who on reading my description advised me to turn the screw behind the fuse and this might solve the issue turns out all i needed to do was 1/4 turn the philips screw clockwise to fire in full auto.

Turns out the bevel on the motor on auto fire was maintaining its amp draw due to resistance between the gear and the motor instead of dropping when in full auto and the fet was detecting it as a fault and cutting the power.

I was expecting not seeing the shotgun for a while to toeubleshoot the issue.....not turn a screw but doesnt miss a beat now in full auto 😊

• 1 year later...
On 22/03/2022 at 20:38, Johndaniel4863 said:

I finally got it solved with the help from airsoft engenuity who on reading my description advised me to turn the screw behind the fuse and this might solve the issue turns out all i needed to do was 1/4 turn the philips screw clockwise to fire in full auto.

Turns out the bevel on the motor on auto fire was maintaining its amp draw due to resistance between the gear and the motor instead of dropping when in full auto and the fet was detecting it as a fault and cutting the power.

I was expecting not seeing the shotgun for a while to toeubleshoot the issue.....not turn a screw but doesnt miss a beat now in full auto 😊

can you pls share an image how do you do that ?
i can't locate the fuse in the weapon. or probably i'm just dumb, and don't know what am i looking for...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.