TM MP7 - questions

Tommikka

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve bought some pieces in an auction bundle, which includes this TM MP7 AEG

I believe that I have a partially complete MP7, though untested

Questions would be:

Is there any practical problem with not having the barrel tip?

(I believe that it has the glow BB adaptor)

Assuming it is the glow adaptor, what should I look for?

There is no battery, and I think it needs a particular battery (and therefore the right charger)

Any advice would be appreciated 

As many of you know, I don’t play but occasionally run games.

My options are;

Get it up & running and use it for a ‘pick up gun’ for one of our event formats 

Offer up for sale for somebody else to sort out 

8C72BF2E-C02D-4120-96CD-A2473D9B1161.jpeg

19977DCB-18ED-434C-B66A-B0C6D90121A0.jpeg

705F5011-3DDA-4F2C-8C39-48F8FE9A83BB.jpeg

26672622-F26E-4F8F-AAA3-B15DACB2EF51.jpeg

D96BC88B-4130-4FCE-92C8-091063C93B04.png

59E3AF5B-BD81-45F6-A11B-57F2C50AB696.jpeg

you can fit any -14mm tracer unit onto the tracer adapter you have or try to find a replacement flashider for it (which isn't -14mm and is -11mm I think).

the battery is an AEP battery but you can Lipo's for it that will fit (search for TM MP7 AEP Lipo battery).

If it is stock inside then it will be firing around 230 so probably best suited to CQB games.

16 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

you can fit any -14mm tracer unit onto the tracer adapter you have or try to find a replacement flashider for it (which isn't -14mm and is -11mm I think).

the battery is an AEP battery but you can Lipo's for it that will fit (search for TM MP7 AEP Lipo battery).

If it is stock inside then it will be firing around 230 so probably best suited to CQB games.

Cool thanks - and CQB helps

(The likely format that I would put our guns into is at CQB range)

…. And even more helpful on the battery

I thought that it was going to be some special connector for the charger, but that search has shown that they still have suitable charging cables on the other side.  I didn’t think of that !

Edited by Tommikka

Hello

Before you waste any money on it at all be aware of what you have got and if it is something you are actually going to keep. I ran mine for a bit then sold it, it just wasn't good enough.

The MP7 AEP is great if you want a very quiet, close up gun.. That is about it. ( Other guns like the Gas TM Mk23 do it better ) 

What it does not do well, is rapid fire semi/auto ( put ... put .. put ) or handle power upgrades well. Both will end up with the AEP exploding and you having zero access to spare parts. 

I personally would do what i did.

Solder some wires and a dean connector onto the existing contacts and then a fake PEQ or similar to hold a 7.4v lipo. 
You can get small batteries that fit into the existing area but are a chore to get in and out i found.  PEQ on an MP7 look boss anyway.

Giving that it functions well. You will have a neat little gun that is excellent, if you do not want to be heard but aren't going into a heavy fight. ( Mk23 does it better )
The power mentioned before is about 260-280 but range is ok. It just take an age to get there. 

The GBB TM MP7 on the other hand :)

7ef7946d-0fd4-4973-b2ed-0379130c184c.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.