Show off your custom coated guns! (Cerakote, pvd, dlc, etc.)

frontsight

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, looking to see some pics of well-used examples of your custom coated guns!

I have some parts that I could only get in stainless, when ideally I wanted a matte black finish.

As an alternative I'm considering getting these coated matte black, and wanted to know if any of you have experience with custom coating such as Cerakote or pvd/dlc.

From time to time I see some mint Hi capa's & AEG's on here that have custom Cerakote finishes, but I'm curious as to how well these finishes hold up; let's say after a few game days or so?

Does it wear naturally like a anodized/black-oxide finish would? Or does it wear in scrapes and chips like paint? How well does it hold up on controls like selectors and safeties where there's a lot of hand contact?

Googling "Cerakote durability" just brings up a bunch of Cerakote propaganda from the company itself, and looking at that it seems like some god-tier finish better than most if not all🤨

Is this actually true? Would love to see some real-world examples from actual users.. I've attached a pic I found on a forum discussing Cerakote durability on RS firearms.

jpXZVL6r_o.thumb.jpg.220757f9ef667c1b6a559ce01501704e.jpg

• Supporters

Cerakote is like any other surface finish. It entirely depends on surface prep and the person who is doing the coating. Add to which while it IS durable, it's not indestructible and WILL wear eventually. How long that takes is entirely dependent upon the aforementioned prep and execution plus the way it's used after that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.